Transmission fluid L245DT

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
If you have a standard transmission as opposed to HST I suspect any good grade of tractor universal fluid would work. These fluids are for when the transmissions and hydraulics use the same reservoir.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Use some universal tractor fluid. Kubota UDT is one but something similar is fine.

If it is really cold where you’re at then you may want to get something in the synthetic world but you don’t have anything in your car’s gear case that is synthetic and it probably is fine?

The hydraulic pump pulls from the same sump is the only concern that I have...but I live in Central Texas so below 40F is too cold for me!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Use some universal tractor fluid. Kubota UDT is one but something similar is fine.

If it is really cold where you’re at then you may want to get something in the synthetic world but you don’t have anything in your car’s gear case that is synthetic and it probably is fine?

The hydraulic pump pulls from the same sump is the only concern that I have...but I live in Central Texas so below 40F is too cold for me!
If you have a newer car the ATF in your car's gear case is very likely synthetic.

Dan