Tractor Supply Sale?

Grouse09

Equipment
B2650 Cab, snowblower, FEL, brush hog
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
Does Tractor Supply ever put their tractor implements on sale? I am ready to buy a carryall, but not fired up about paying retail.

Bucky Badger

Equipment
BX2660
Mar 17, 2017
Madison
only once in a while. Iv'e been waiting for probably 3 months or so for a sale. I want a rake and a Carry all. 5ft grader blade is the only thing on sale right 20 bucks off,

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Does Tractor Supply ever put their tractor implements on sale? I am ready to buy a carryall, but not fired up about paying retail.
IFFFFF you know someone that works there.......all employees have a 20% off this weekend only, and an employee can buy ONE item at 40% off this weekend.

My youngest son works there...... last year I bought a truck tool box......
stuff there is a little overpriced to say the least!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Bucky is spot on.

I've looked at their Carry-all for couple years, and don't remember a sale on those. I'm there once a week, and watch their sales, too.

Couple guys have complained their carry all lower pins are too tight to the flange of the angle, where you'd want to mount lumber to make the box. The pins are mid-point in the angle flange.

Other makers have an "ear" that comes forward for the lower pins to make more room.

They've had to gouge some of the wood out to get the lower links to hook to the pins. A quick hitch might be more difficult? Don't know, since I don't have one.

Don't know if that design is still the same, but figured if I bought one I'd use a 1x or 2x pressure treated spacer mounted vertically along those angle uprights to get the room. Otherwise, I could make a couple ears, too.

Last edited:

Grouse09

Equipment
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
I don’t know anyone there, but will try to work up a relationship.

I will also play with the planking I attached to it, to make sure my quick hitch works on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
and an employee can buy ONE item at 40% off this weekend.

My youngest son works there......
I think your son also has another father and mother in upstate New Yorkistan, right?!?!:p:p

40% = great deal!

Nice bennie; maybe I don't want to work at Lowes after I retire..........:)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I will also play with the planking I attached to it, to make sure my quick hitch works on it.
Grouse - take a look at them online versus others for comparison. The pin location for the TSC version seems stronger to me, but is a problem other guys encountered.

Honestly, I'm not sure I could make one for $150.

Guessing I'd have nearly $100 in angle iron alone, not to mention the pins, wire, gas, bits, primer, paint and time.

Grouse09

Equipment
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
Agree. Will probably bite the bullet and just get one. I was hoping TSC periodically sent out a coupon or had a sale on implements, and I was missing out on them. Guess not.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
They send out coupons for 10% etc off every so often. Apply to any purchase. Used one for stall mats to put under bucket and snow blower in the barn the other day.

GaryL

Equipment
2003 BX2200 - loader, mower, blower, grss collection system
Nov 22, 2014
Holden, MA
I don’t know anyone there, but will try to work up a relationship.

As RCW pointed out, the lower pins are in a terrible position. I lowered mine 3" and moved it forward (towards the tractor) 3/4-1". Those are 1" holes for those pins, so drill bits, a good 1/2" drill, and prayers that you don't rip you wrists off when the bit catches are in need. Good luck.

Grouse09

Equipment
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
Thanks all.

Sheep Farmer: I would definitely be more proactive with the 10% coupon.

Gary: I am ready with tools. My wrists are brittle like twigs after a hard winter. Advised.

Vic, that bale mover may work. Will check it out.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Next time you are there sign up for their mailing list and you will receive advance notice on all of their sales. Periodically they have, (at least in our area), customer appreciation day sales, 15% off everything. I've used it on implements, feed runs, clothes.....

CharlieFoxtrot

Equipment
B2650
Dec 8, 2016
Northeast
I bought a carryall frame at TSC a few months ago. It was on sale -- I think for $95. I built a nice carryall out of it and have had no trouble with the pin hole locations. It is one of my favorite attachments and I keep it on unless I need to do dirt work or until snow starts falling so I can swap it for my rear blade.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Next time you are there sign up for their mailing list and you will receive advance notice on all of their sales. Periodically they have, (at least in our area), customer appreciation day sales, 15% off everything. I've used it on implements, feed runs, clothes.....
Right now, the customer appreciation is 20% off of everything (this weekend only) , I just bought 3000 rounds of 22 LR ............120 + tax!:D;):)

Not sure if nationwide....... but it always happens in this part of the woods the first weekend in December.

If any of you have a TSC near by - drop in or call!!! ;) See if the discount is the same as here in VA

Grouse09

Equipment
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
Will do. Found one in the Benzonia MI store. The Traverse City and Williamsburg stores are zero balance.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Will do. Found one in the Benzonia MI store. The Traverse City and Williamsburg stores are zero balance.

Grouse - just for giggles, and because I've wanted one for a while, looked a TSC's website.

There isn't one within 100 miles of our place.:(

Grouse09

Equipment
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
I know. Went to get one in Benzonia, thought better to call first...already gone. Will order one (at the store-ordering online incurs shipping cost, and “ship to store” is not available) after I get a 10% coupon in the mail.

KeithG

Equipment
2000 Kubota B2710, Woods BH75 backhoe, LandPride York Rake, B2783 Snow Blower
Jan 1, 2016
Rindge, NH
I got a coupon for TSC for tonight only 4-8PM and it says 15% off of you entire purchase. The coupon says "Friends and Neighbors" on it and I am going to use it to buy a Hobart 140 Mig welder, retail is $519.99 so I should get it for $441.92 which is the cheapest price I have found...

The only other time I know of when they have big ticket sales is Black Friday.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
If you're a regular customer you should really get to know the manager. My local TSC would let me have discounts all the time. All I did was ask him and he let me have it.