Tractor Speeds With Kubota Auto Throttle / Hydro Dual Speed

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I mentioned in another post that the tractor speeds were different at a given RPM and gear range depending on whether the Auto Throttle Advance (ATA) is ON or OFF. So today I took some time and made several trips back and forth on the driveway to see for myself what the differences were. All these numbers are the best I could get, although not truly exact.

The engine speed today was 2100 RPM for everything below. This is what I normally run at to get 430 RPM's at the PTO for the rear finish mower. Trans is in MED Rabbit with the ATA off. This works for most of the mowing season. Sometimes there are adjustments for tall juicy grass, etc.

Attachments

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I don't understand the point of your post. Are you asking a question? Making a comment?

I too have auto-throttle on my HST machine that doesn't have DEF/DPF BS. Works great for light loader work or moving the machine in the yard. For loader or PTO work it's manual throttle up. Two speed HST is great, I wish I could shift through all gears with that leaver like on the bigger machines.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I mentioned in another post that the tractor speeds were different at a given RPM and gear range depending on whether the Auto Throttle Advance (ATA) is ON or OFF. So today I took some time and made several trips back and forth on the driveway to see for myself what the differences were. All these numbers are the best I could get, although not truly exact.

The engine speed today was 2100 RPM for everything below. This is what I normally run at to get 430 RPM's at the PTO for the rear finish mower. Trans is in MED Rabbit with the ATA off. This works for most of the mowing season. Sometimes there are adjustments for tall juicy grass, etc.
Why do you mow at 430 RPM PTO? Must be a "fat finger" moment !

chim

Equipment
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Why do you mow at 430 RPM PTO? Must be a "fat finger" moment !
Intentional. Most of the season it is at 430-ish PTO RPM's. The deck cuts and distributes the grass nicely. There are times when it does get run at 540 or close to it. Mostly when I block the discharge in Autumn to chop up leaves.

Reactions: 1 user

chim

Equipment
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I don't understand the point of your post. Are you asking a question? Making a comment?

I too have auto-throttle on my HST machine that doesn't have DEF/DPF BS. Works great for light loader work or moving the machine in the yard. For loader or PTO work it's manual throttle up. Two speed HST is great, I wish I could shift through all gears with that leaver like on the bigger machines.
Just making a comment because I find it interesting. At first blush, it might appear that the speeds should be the same (using the same engine rpm and gears) whether the ATA was on or off. Glad it works as it does because the one combo is perfect for mowing here.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user