Tractor Newbie

LobstahMan

Jan 30, 2015
Cutler, Maine
Looking to get my first tractor. I have friends and family that have Kubota so I'd love to stay orange. I've run the L4600 and know the basics. I'm looking for something I can use to move snow banks back in the winter (Have a Fisher on the truck). I was also looking to get a new riding mower this coming spring before I had been thinking about the tractor. Should I go small and get the BX and mow, move snow, move firewood, and etc. Or, go a little bigger with the B series or maybe even a small L and buy a riding mower? I'm looking to spend anywhere from 8k-12k. Any recommendations? Thanks

kc8fbl

Equipment
2014 L3200 HST FEL, 1949 Minneapolis-Moline R
Aug 23, 2012
Gobles, MI
A larger B or smaller L series might be good. You can always purchase a 3 point finish mower for the back to mow with. Mine works great.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Sometimes bigger aint better! I use my BX for everything you want to do and the gal has worked wonderfully. With a snow blower snow and drifts are not much of a problem or with a FEL. Mowing, I do about 5 acres and that's a lot of hills, the BX has a small turning radius and will get close to the house and things you don't want to run over. I use a 4 by 6 HF trailer to haul wood never had a problem pulling it out of the woods. Weight wise the BX and the smaller B's are about the same, same motor same tranny same rear ends, except ground clearance, the B is higher. BX just MHO

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the forum. I went in looking for a B but the dealer showed me that I would be better off with a L and I am sure glad I got it. In fact there have been several times I have wished that I had even gone bigger.