Tractor mounted cooler

Ryansweatt2004

Equipment
2017 kubota L3901HST
Jul 2, 2015
West gardiner maine, USA
Tons of threads about adding a larger toolbox but has anyone ever found a way to add a small drink cooler to their tractor for keeping a couple drinks cold on long days of seat time? Obviously I could just keep a cooler in my truck but when your deep in the woods or way up the road and thirsty it's handy to have a drink with you that stays cool rather than sit in the cup holder getting hot. Any ideas are appreciated.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
There are some little 12v coolers out there, you could probably get one of those and throw a few screws through the bottom into the fender.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ryansweatt2004

Equipment
2017 kubota L3901HST
Jul 2, 2015
West gardiner maine, USA
I was kinda thinking of somehow just mounting a small cooler to the right side floorboard in front of the fender on my l3901. Or possibly mounting to the round tube of the loader frame. Just putting thoughts out there. Space is tight though. Something small but just enough to keep some ice and a couple bottles of water ice cold would be ideal. I'm not big on mounting things to the fender though. I might try something mounted off the rops facing backwards. Sort of like a BXpanded rops mounted toolbox bracket but with a cooler instead and mounted lower on the rops maybe.

Ryansweatt2004

Equipment
2017 kubota L3901HST
Jul 2, 2015
West gardiner maine, USA

Kinda like a modified version of their mounting bracket but one that would mount lower and facing backwards behind the fender. Hopefully not getting in the way of the three point hitch as well. Thoughts?

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
When I do a big job, I just bungee cord a cooler to the weight rack, up front. But then again, I don't have a FEL, to get in the way, on all my old kubotas...:D:D

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I bought some canvas saddlebags at tsc that are insulated so you can carry lunch and beverage on the trail. (I use them to carry spare gloves and tools). I had them stretched between the rops as they come with straps, and a bungee cord around the seat, the idea being they would take up the pieces of space just behind the armrests, and a small tarp rolled up between them in case of rain. That whole deal was kind of awkward so I cut them apart and decided one was enough and have it attached to just one of the rops and resting on the bracket that holds the little toolbox. I have a phobia about drilling holes in my tractor

Attachments

Last edited:

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
I was kinda thinking of somehow just mounting a small cooler to the right side floorboard in front of the fender on my l3901. .

That idea is worth exploring. I mounted my original little toolbox there when I switched to a larger one back by the SMV sign on my 3301.
Why, because I was able to use existing holes and J bolts (like battery hold down bolts). No holes drilled.
I'm going to look at this. A cold drink or two would be nicer to have than a couple of old chainsaw chains and other "stuff" in that location.
Maybe a tray like a battery tray and bungee a lunch box cooler into it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryansweatt2004

Equipment
2017 kubota L3901HST
Jul 2, 2015
West gardiner maine, USA
That idea is worth exploring. I mounted my original little toolbox there when I switched to a larger one back by the SMV sign on my 3301.
Why, because I was able to use existing holes and J bolts (like battery hold down bolts). No holes drilled.
I'm going to look at this. A cold drink or two would be nicer to have than a couple of old chainsaw chains and other "stuff" in that location.
Maybe a tray like a battery tray and bungee a lunch box cooler into it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was my initial thought, find a way to secure a lunch boxed size cooler in that floorboard area.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Look at some bicycle and motorcycle stuff for ideas
s-l225.jpg
http://www.ebay.com/p/Ibera-Bicycle...ing-Insulated-Trunk-Bag-Strap-Ba15/1129119993

Or coolers that hang off back of seat in a car. Maybe a cable, 2x4 orrr?? run across the ROP and find a way to clip the back like below to it instead of around head rest as designed?

https://www.amazon.com/Organizer-mu...=1468814813&sr=8-3&keywords=seat+drink+cooler

bargin bin thermo electric unit hangs from seat. Again needs headrest though

https://www.varagesale.com/bargains...lectric-seat-back-cooler-organizer-and-warmer

JACKPOT. found ones that don't use headrest to attach to back of seat
cooler_bag_challenger_j880.jpg
http://www.topmobility.com/seatback-bags.htmhttp://www.topmobility.com/seatback-bags.htm

Last edited:

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Get a big Yeti cup, I have a 30 oz version and keeps my water cold for several hours in the heat. I would say a couple ice cubes and good for at least 6 hours.

JasonW

Jan 29, 2015
Al
Interested in ideas for this as well. Some of my tractor work I am fairly close by my truck but when I work up at my deer camp I can be several miles away from my truck in the woods and most of the time all day. My dad and I do the tractor work and before I bought my tractor we would follow each other around on a 4wheeler or truck with food/drinks. With us having our own tractors we had to look for different ideas. I had a hunting backpack bought from Walmart($9) that I zip tied to my rops and put a soft ice chest inside and that works for me.

Josef

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 Kubota MX 5200 with 6 la1065 loader, sq172 Bush hog shredder, 6 ' Armstrong
Feb 25, 2016
victoria tx 77904
My son mounted hooks around the rear of the roof. We carry a soft sided ice chest and then a bag with hornet spray on another hook.