Towing B2620 back to garage

comforthill

Equipment
B2620,back blade,mower,tiller,loader,middlebuster,landscape rake
Oct 14, 2018
Lewiston
While cleaning the back yard a stick came up and broke the fuel filter housing causing us to loose all the fuel in the tank and the tractor quit running. I would like to get it back to the garage. is it possible to tow it in neutral about 100 yards to the garage. Thanks.

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
Put in neutral and push it.

Yes you could tow it in neutral. Just make sure you can stop it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user

comforthill

Equipment
Oct 14, 2018
Lewiston
Thanks. Problem is we let the bucket down not thinking. Filter assy will be available Tuesday. Live and learn.

comforthill

Equipment
Oct 14, 2018
Lewiston
Found a filter housing locally. Going to pick it up in a bit. Any trick to starting the tractor after replacing filter assy to tractor? Heard it may be a pain to get it started after it ran out of fuel. Thanks.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
If the motor is similar to the BX there is a bleed screw above where the fuel line goes into the fuel manifold (thing) on the left side. it's a 10mm bolt. turn on ignition so fuel pump runs, crack that open, some air and fuel will come out and close it.

you may not even need to bleed it, I replaced both fuel filters, just ran the pump for 30 seconds, started it, and it was fine without bleeding.

Last edited:

comforthill

Equipment
Oct 14, 2018
Lewiston
If the motor is similar to the BX there is a bleed screw above where the fuel line goes into the fuel manifold (thing) on the left side. it's a 10mm bolt. turn on ignition so fuel pump runs, crack that open, some air and fuel will come out and close it.

you may not even need to bleed it, I replaced both fuel filters, just ran the pump for 30 seconds, started it, and it was fine without bleeding.

Thanks I will try that. Just got back with the filter and housing. Thanks again.

comforthill

Equipment
Oct 14, 2018
Lewiston
Back up and running. Just loosened the sediment bowl filled the tank and cranked it until it started and stopped. Tried it again and it stayed running. Tightened the sediment bowl and checked for leaks. Simple change as well as simple design. Easy to change in no time. Thanks for all the help.