Toothbar questions

will721

Equipment
LX2610, Ford 2n, Ferguson TO20
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
1000000411.jpg

These are the style of nut I was referring to. They eliminate a need for a lock washer or flat washer on the nut side. The ribs bite into the metal to lock them in place. As a bonus, they are easier to remove because they hold themselves until the bolt is loosened. The bolt itself has to be backed out once tight, you will not be able to turn the nut so never use them on a stud/nut combination.

I use them on everything I have to supply or change out the hardware for. They will be on my tooth bar when I reinstall it in the spring. If they are good enough for 150ton rated cranes, they are good enough for a little tractor.

Reactions: 1 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Cut a length of 2x4 cut to fit inside the bucket snugly (just above where you drilled the holes). Then crank the tooth bar down. That will make the mounting flanges bend towards the bucket sides and not bend the bucket itself.

Reactions: 1 user

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
After snapping the pictures, I did crank down the bolts tight. There is still a gap, but my bucket has some welded on pieces on the inside that the bar mounting tabs are tight against so it looks worse than it is.

I didn’t grab my impact, but maybe I’ll do that to see if I can get it tighter to bend a bit more. I don’t have a M18 high torque, but I have a mid torque, and a pneumatic impact so that should do it. 😅

I do like the idea of adding some never seize and possibly a lock washer if I just can’t get the lock washer on.
You’re good to go. Run a while, check fit and tightness. Run low a great brush puller. Let us know what you think. Enjoy!

Reactions: 1 user

soloz2

Equipment
B2601
Feb 10, 2023
WNY
View attachment 109507

These are the style of nut I was referring to. They eliminate a need for a lock washer or flat washer on the nut side. The ribs bite into the metal to lock them in place. As a bonus, they are easier to remove because they hold themselves until the bolt is loosened. The bolt itself has to be backed out once tight, you will not be able to turn the nut so never use them on a stud/nut combination.

I use them on everything I have to supply or change out the hardware for. They will be on my tooth bar when I reinstall it in the spring. If they are good enough for 150ton rated cranes, they are good enough for a little tractor.
I will look for these next time I'm at TSC.

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
I use my Dewalt impact wrench on the bolt side, and hold the head side with a regular wrench. Pull the trigger and it gets tight.

I take mine on and off depending on what material I am moving. Also if I need a smoother back blade job.

I have never had the nuts back off or get lose.

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
Years back my I had a bud that ran a excavator business &. he made this plate where he removed his 2 outside teeth from the shank & & slid this plate that had 2 old teeth welded in the 2 outside locations with some pipe also welded to it that wen t around the left over teeth so in just a few minutes he could go from teeth to smooth . Alot of folks will say thais or that about that taking too much time . Well as a guy that made his lively hood on a tractor it was a time saver for him .
animal