Tooth bar for LA463 loader

Hai

Equipment
Kubota L3400 HST
Mar 2, 2014
Virginia
I want to buy a tooth bar for my L3400 with LA463 loader and have visited a couple of websites selling tooth bars. One question on one website was the inside dimension of the bucket, which lists in 1/8 inch increments. I could not find this info for my loader. Can you tell me what length of bar, what brand and where I should buy? Many thanks.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I want to buy a tooth bar for my L3400 with LA463 loader and have visited a couple of websites selling tooth bars. One question on one website was the inside dimension of the bucket, which lists in 1/8 inch increments. I could not find this info for my loader. Can you tell me what length of bar, what brand and where I should buy? Many thanks.

What are you looking to do with a toothbar? There are a couple of types, ones with TEETH and ones that have a serrated edge. The teeth type will rip the soil up and get a hold of roots and what not, the serrated edge is a great for cutting soil and cutting down small saplings.

simply measure the inside of your bucket and determine what you want, your bucket is a 60" - inside, I have no idea what the actual inside is going to be.

if you want a serrated bar :

http://bxpanded.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=47

I have one of these and it is awesome, cannot imagine NOT having it on the machine, shoot - I use it for back dragging gravel in a driveway, works like a small version of a root rake.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Easy way to get the right dimension is to physically measure it with tape measure, factory specs of a bucket will give you overall dimension, but not the true inside dimension of the bucket. ;)

Hai

Equipment
Kubota L3400 HST
Mar 2, 2014
Virginia
85Hokie, thank you for the Piranha link. It looks like it would work for what I am trying to do: cut into and level the old landscaped mounds.