Tooth Bar attachment

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
i would highly suggest the Piranha Tooth Bar from BXpanded, works way better than a bolt on tooth bar. It is seldom off the bucket.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I would like to attach a tooth bar to my LA525 bucket, any suggestions?
Unless you can fabricate and weld - the toothbar from Bxpanded is ......

unbelievable for the money!

Never heard someone say ...."damn that is a waste of money" :D:)

SyNtAxx

Equipment
Kubota BX25D-1 TLBM + Woods RB60 Blade + Grass Catcher
Oct 27, 2015
Kennett Square
I myself just installed a Bxpanded cutting edge. Its the same thing as the Piranha Tooth Bar but straight. I choose this because I am using the FEL for snow removal and don't want to ruin the weld on edge. that being said, has anybody ever noticed any warbling of the holes drilled int he bucket over time? All the Bxpanded products I have are fantastic! (Forks,Cutting Edge,Tool Box, Back Hoe Dolly)

-Nick

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I myself just installed a Bxpanded cutting edge. Its the same thing as the Piranha Tooth Bar but straight. I choose this because I am using the FEL for snow removal and don't want to ruin the weld on edge. that being said, has anybody ever noticed any warbling of the holes drilled int he bucket over time? All the Bxpanded products I have are fantastic! (Forks,Cutting Edge,Tool Box, Back Hoe Dolly)

-Nick

Now I have not taken my BX toothbar off :D But I betcha if you have them thar bolts/nuts tight - there will not be any wallowing of the holes. If the toothbar is placed on a "factory clean" edge - there is no way it could move. Now if the bar was placed on a worn edge - specially one that is worn off away on one edge, I could see the potential movement.:D

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
... that being said, has anybody ever noticed any warbling of the holes drilled int he bucket over time? ...
I mounted mine to a very rough bucket -- so bad that it looked like it couldn't be mounted at all. I have used it to dig in gnarly root-rich dirt and it has sneered at all the abuse. No hint of the blade shifting, and the design allows for 'adjustment' up to about 3/8", IIRC.

Attachments

RedTailHawk

Jan 6, 2013
Capon Bridge, WV
I'm interested in the Piranha, but it seems like all the products from "BXpanded" are geared towards the BX line of tractors. Will a Piranha bar be sturdy and rugged enough for an L series tractor? Anyone have a Piranha on a 70"-72" bucket?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Red,

I truly believe that even at 6' in length - if mounted on a straight edge - that the piranha will last a lifetime and have no problems.

At school - a friend of mine brought in a bucket with very worn edge, the problem was that one side of the edge was worn away completely and the other side's edge was worn very little. There was a diagonal slope that started at "zero" and went back neg .75"!!!

AND the bucket was cupped over .75" from middle to end!

The Ag boys in the other shop welded and formed a "piranha" tooth from 1/2" plate and then they welded it on and shimmed it to make a "flat" edge. Looked good too, welds were stitched on bottom and top.

The tooth bar is a game changer for sure!

pauly

Equipment
2014 B2650, LA534A FEL,B2781B Snow Blower, Land Pride RCR 1260 Land Pride RB157
Sep 23, 2014
East Troy Wisconsin USA
I'm interested in the Piranha, but it seems like all the products from "BXpanded" are geared towards the BX line of tractors. Will a Piranha bar be sturdy and rugged enough for an L series tractor? Anyone have a Piranha on a 70"-72" bucket?
BX will make a blade for larger buckets. They will need to know the ID of your bucket.

RedTailHawk

Jan 6, 2013
Capon Bridge, WV
I figured they would. It just seems that everyone that has posted that they have one and love it are using it on BX tractors. Wanted to see if and L series owners have tried it. With a bigger tractor, I'd think it would be subjected to even more abuse and curious how the Piranha handles it.

blktipton

Dec 22, 2015
US
I have one on a l525 loader on a l2501 tractor. It works very well and is very heavy duty. I have done nothing but excavation since I bought the tractor and have no complaints. When I hit hard clay in my area I switch to my stump bucket, but for general dirt with no roots the piranha bar works great

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Trex1200r

Equipment
B2301/54"MMM/QA FEL
Dec 22, 2015
Elizabeth, CO
Just installed one on my B2301. Should have bought the BXpanded step drill bit for $12. Lowes gouged me for $45, but sometimes for convenience you just pony up. Hoping the mud has dried up a bit by this weekend so I can push around some dirt and test it out!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Nicely done !

I went to lowes and had buy the 3/4" bit myself.......much like the multi hole, I started with an 1/8" bit and worked up, I forgot what the bit cost, but it was a little high for two holes!:D:)

clay45

Equipment
L2050DT, TSC 5ft Rake, Tartar 5ft rototiller, TSC Middlebuster, TSC CarryAll
Feb 6, 2015
SC
Those things just look wicked. I like how they protect the edge of your bucket but can just "feel" my tissue peeling off my shins and calves every time I try to walk around it.

Just checked their site and they don't even show the blade type bolt-on edge anywhere. Guess they discontinued it?

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Give Harry a call, I am sure he would build one for you. They are very helpful & accommodating.

rtgt

Equipment
B3200
Jul 30, 2015
Kentucky
I just added one to the new 54" SSQA bucket.

I'm looking forward to trying this thing out.

Like someone else posted, I've never heard someone not like it.

Attachments