Toolbox and Quick Hitch

EZstreet

Equipment
L3901 HST
Sep 16, 2016
East Tennessee
Well finally got to it today. Got the Harbor Freight QH and adapter put on hooked up the box blade. Took a little getting used to it and had to use the adapter as the hook mount interfered with the top connection but that was no big deal. Also, found an old Craftsman tool box in basement and it fit within 1" between the ROPS. I used factory holes in bar and used two existing bolts in slow moving sign bracket to keep it from flopping (drilled through front of toolbox). You can see in the pictures that the SMV sign interferes with the the toolbox latch but I just bend it back and it works OK. Also, really need to flip seat up to keep from it knocking lid closed. All in all I am very happy.

Let me know what you think.

https://goo.gl/photos/Pw2faFjurLi1VshSA

EZ

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Well finally got to it today. Got the Harbor Freight QH and adapter put on hooked up the box blade. Took a little getting used to it and had to use the adapter as the hook mount interfered with the top connection but that was no big deal. Also, found an old Craftsman tool box in basement and it fit within 1" between the ROPS. I used factory holes in bar and used two existing bolts in slow moving sign bracket to keep it from flopping (drilled through front of toolbox). You can see in the pictures that the SMV sign interferes with the the toolbox latch but I just bend it back and it works OK. Also, really need to flip seat up to keep from it knocking lid closed. All in all I am very happy.

EZ
I like the way that toolbox sits in there almost perfectly. You may want to consider using fender washers for the bolts in the bottom of the toolbox. Once you get that box loaded with tools there will be a lot of stresses that may end up rippiing the bolts through the bottom of the box. You might want to go even one step further and install a piece of flat metal across the bottom of the toolbox. That would give it the rigidity to withstand a lot of stress when driving or even just throwing tools in the box. You know we all do it, we just don't admit it to each other very often.

cn2redjeep

Equipment
L3901, tiller, finish mower, pallet forks, rear blade
Mar 27, 2015
Illinois
Hey thanks for tool box pics. I have that same box in my shop. Didn't use it any more. Now I have the perfect place for it. I'll get a picture of my home made bucket level guide and share it with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo

EZ
Looks Good. Perfect fit.

CharlieFoxtrot

Equipment
B2650
Dec 8, 2016
Northeast
Hey thanks for tool box pics. I have that same box in my shop. Didn't use it any more. Now I have the perfect place for it. I'll get a picture of my home made bucket level guide and share it with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also have the same toolbox laying around in my shop, with nothing in it. Now I know what I am going to use it for.

Hey OP - I agree with the poster above suggesting that you use fender washers and I plan to use them when I copy your idea. I also plan to drill a couple of drainage hole in the bottom of the toolbox in case it takes on water.

8upbowhunter

Equipment
L4701 FEL, Cutter, Discs and Land Plane
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
I was reading this thread and when I saw the toolbox it reminded me about the same toolbox I have had since my hot rod days when I was a tad younger. Went find it under my shop work bench and decided to repurpose it as you did. It's a little ruff looking now but a good cleaning some sand paper and a little orange paint and it should be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
nah. leave the history on it and mount it like it is... duhhh I mean artistic historical patina