Tons of Bermuda!!!

willig6730

Equipment
GR2100
Aug 4, 2015
gurley, al
New to site BTW. What are the best blades (nonmulching) for my GR2100? Just bought it and love it, just thought some aftermarket blades may up the cut quality a bit. I have tons of nothing but Tiffway Bermuda. Former owner was a pro landscaper, and I spray MSMA to control weeds and fertilize pretty heavy.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
New to site BTW. What are the best blades (nonmulching) for my GR2100? Just bought it and love it, just thought some aftermarket blades may up the cut quality a bit. I have tons of nothing but Tiffway Bermuda. Former owner was a pro landscaper, and I spray MSMA to control weeds and fertilize pretty heavy.

awwww yes.........

I have cut many a tiffway 419 (now using Patriot bermuda).......acres of it !!!! Football - soccer fields!!!
If you are cutting it low, to allow more light to hit the roots, I would NOT get a mulching blade! I would get a high lift blade that will pick up the clippings and shoot them out the back or side.

Bermuda is a tough grasss - the millions of blades will bog down a typical lawn mower due to the thickness of the grass. I would get a blade that is extremely sharp and keep em that way.

and a reel mower works best......but hell we cant have everything !:eek::)

cbaker65

Equipment
Kubota,gras hopper,john deere mowers.
Aug 5, 2015
Mcfarland,Calif.
awwww yes.........

I have cut many a tiffway 419 (now using Patriot bermuda).......acres of it !!!! Football - soccer fields!!!
If you are cutting it low, to allow more light to hit the roots, I would NOT get a mulching blade! I would get a high lift blade that will pick up the clippings and shoot them out the back or side.

Bermuda is a tough grasss - the millions of blades will bog down a typical lawn mower due to the thickness of the grass. I would get a blade that is extremely sharp and keep em that way.

and a reel mower works best......but hell we cant have everything !:eek::)
Lol...I dont think any grass can hold up to soccer,We struggle with are
fields,people wont stay off of it long enough to mend it.Ofcoarce are
fields are open to the public because its a public park..:cool:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I checked into them when I first watched the video, it's $300 plus shipping for my 72" Bushhog finish mower. I'm down to my last 2 sets of blades now so when I wear them out I plan to look at the meg-mo system again. The initial cost is pretty high but after that the replacement blades are fairly cheap. If they cut like they claim it would be hard to beat their performance.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Bulldog, looks like Meg-Mo blade setup is simply a disc mower installed on a finish mower. I guess by installing the system on a belly pan the grass can not escape until it's in fine pieces.

My Vicon has 3 blades per spindle and will cut hay so thick you sometimes wonder if it even cut it, it's standing so tall after the pass.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
D2Cat, I thought the same thing when I saw this set-up.

I've often wondered about the Vicon mowers and how they compared to a standard 2 blade disc mower. I have a Kuhn right now and it does fine but I'll have to replace it at some point. I'm just doing research now, I hope not to buy one for a few more years.