Tipping trailer size

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
Hi guys,
I'm wondering what size tipping trailer my L3450 GST would be able to manage. I know I'm limited to 2 ton on the drawbar but would it have the power to handle something like this. tip.jpg
I don't intend to use the high side extensions but they nearly all come with them. This example is 8'X6'. I don't want to buy and find I just don't have enough tractor.
Thanks for any input

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Probably but if it dumps, you might cause the rear end of the tractor to become airborne...:)

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
If you load it to the rear it should be no problem. It looks to be high enough to dump and empty out the load. I have a gooseneck dump that has the bed much lower to the ground. When it dumps you must pull forward to get it to empty, a real pain sometimes.

If the empty weight is not to much you do not have to fill the bed all the way. It looks to be a good design that will be heavy duty.

If the price is right go for it. You could always resale it.

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
Probably but if it dumps, you might cause the rear end of the tractor to become airborne...:)
Never thought of that and one of the things being moved would be Farmyard Manure which might stick when tipped.
My only tractor experience prior to this was with an MF133. I did a lot of trailer work (roads & field) with that; but that was a substantially heavier tractor, that I grew up with and worked for about 30 years. I'm still learning the limitations of the Kubota.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
'airborne adventures' can be eliminated if you mount adjustable 'legs' on the rear corners of the trailer frame. Pin high for travel, pin 2" off ground for dumping.
Same thing you see on a lot of 'hauling' trailers.
There's probably an official name for them .....