Tie rod boot replacement

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
Funny, my 1860 is 2 years old and my boots are showing more crack than a plumber. It looks like you take good care of your machine as do I. It's never spent a night outside and is garaged when not in use. This should be a free replacement from Kubota IMO. If I can get 15 years out of a car cv boot that spends the winters on the salt covered roads I should get more than 2 years out of a pampered, garaged tractor boot. :mad:

Thanks for the part number! I had asked my dealer about this when I went in for oil and they couldn't find a replacement boot, just the whole end.

dwk121

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1870 fel,54" MMM, ballast box. 3ph triball trailer hitch.
Jul 4, 2013
United States Falling Waters WV
Funny, my 1860 is 2 years old and my boots are showing more crack than a plumber. It looks like you take good care of your machine as do I. It's never spent a night outside and is garaged when not in use. This should be a free replacement from Kubota IMO. If I can get 15 years out of a car cv boot that spends the winters on the salt covered roads I should get more than 2 years out of a pampered, garaged tractor boot. :mad:

Thanks for the part number! I had asked my dealer about this when I went in for oil and they couldn't find a replacement boot, just the whole end.
You are very welcome.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Thats what this world needs- boot moisturizer.
Its amazing the exteremes some people go to when looking after their machines. Something i have difficulty doing. But when i get my hands on something its usually been rode hard and put away wet. My kubota has been inside since i got it. Dont like leaving stuff outside. So if anything- my stuff isnt getting any worse.

dwk121

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 4, 2013
Thats what this world needs- boot moisturizer.
Its amazing the exteremes some people go to when looking after their machines. Something i have difficulty doing. But when i get my hands on something its usually been rode hard and put away wet. My kubota has been inside since i got it. Dont like leaving stuff outside. So if anything- my stuff isnt getting any worse.
I guess I am a little to anal!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Son you remind me of an old friend, he could change a motor in a car and wash his hands and eat supper and head out for a date,, me I had to scrub for and hour after changing oil just so I could take a shower,,lol

dwk121

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 4, 2013
Son you remind me of an old friend, he could change a motor in a car and wash his hands and eat supper and head out for a date,, me I had to scrub for and hour after changing oil just so I could take a shower,,lol
LMAO that's just silly.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Its all about value. And maintaining it. I respect people that can take care of stuff so well.
In the auto business i have seen both extremes. And odd ones. A dodge diplomat,gleaming inside and out. A car i would want- until i opened the hood. Was the greasiest thing i ever saw, was dripping from the hood. Underside was just as bad.

dwk121

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 4, 2013
Its all about value. And maintaining it. I respect people that can take care of stuff so well.
In the auto business i have seen both extremes. And odd ones. A dodge diplomat,gleaming inside and out. A car i would want- until i opened the hood. Was the greasiest thing i ever saw, was dripping from the hood. Underside was just as bad.
It's all about the attitude!!!

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Thanks for posting, it sure would have saved me some money as I replaced the whole ends on my BX2200 and BX2660.