Thumb For B7100 Backhoe

KubotaBoy56

Equipment
Kubota B7100 with B219 loader and B670 Backhoe
Jan 16, 2022
Washington State
So…we fabricated a thumb for my B7100 and I was wondering would the B7100 be useful with a thumb? Do any of you have a thumb on your tractor?

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
So…we fabricated a thumb for my B7100 and I was wondering would the B7100 be useful with a thumb? Do any of you have a thumb on your tractor?
Can you post a picture yet?
Here's a link to a recent thread on thumbs:

You can use the forum's search function to see much more.

marrmanu

Equipment
B2620 3pt chipper, box blade, post hole auger, custom 3pt chain box with hooks h
Jan 16, 2021
usa
Here is some Vidi of my B2620 with a mechanical thumb.

davidnewsome01

Equipment
Kubota L4600 with a LA764 loader and a BH92 backhoe, ,
Can you post a picture yet?
Here's a link to a recent thread on thumbs:

You can use the forum's search function to see much more.
Here is my opinion, I put a hydraulic thumb on my BH92 and it was one best add on I have done. I was lucky enough to purchase a used mechanical thumb from my dealer for $500. I knew that it would take some time but I was willing to be patient and after some research and measurments I picked up the correct size cylinder from Princess Auto here in Canada. (When they were on sale of course) and started the process of making it into a hydraulic thumb. I had to make some mods to the cylinder so that the hoses would easily attach to the cylinder. I did have to purchase the valve from the dealer as there was no way around it. In all I spent around
$2,700 on it including all extra hoses the valve, hydraulic oil, paint zip ties. I use it all the time and when I am cutting trees to hold the log to D-limb it or when digging out a stump and grabbing it. The amount of time it will saves you pays for itself in a blink of an eye. The second thing that is worth spending on is a grapple for your front end loader. I could not go back and do it with out either of those two pieces of equipment. Hope this helps.