Three point hitch adjustment question - b3030

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
I recently purchased a backhoe and the gear box connects directly to the rear pto shaft. When lifting the 3 point hitch, the arms hit the bottom of the gear box. I broke the rear pto shaft on first use. Can I more the arms wider to avoid this problem?
Thanks for the help!
What backhoe are you using?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
#1 No you can not move the sway bars to the outside they won't work if you do.

#2 Did you get the top mount reinforcement kit for the tractor?
If you didn't then you are very likely to damage the case and the three point.
These kinds of hoes are extremely hard on tractors!

benjaminbrown1983

Equipment
Kubota b3030
Nov 14, 2023
Buxton, Maine, United states
Thank you for the information. No, I don’t believe I have a top mount reinforcement kit on the tractor. Is this a separate piece that can be added to the current 3 point hitch or is it a whole new 3 point hitch system? Any part numbers or links to product pages would be appreciated. I did try to do a google search but was not able to find any information. I’m looking to some lite work with the backhoe, such as digging a few drainage ditches. Any information is greatly appreciated!

06B3030

Equipment
B3030, LA403, BH75, York Rake, Plug Aerator, 6' Rear Mower, Forks, Weight Box
Sep 21, 2015
MA
I have a 3030 and as stated, they can't be changed. Looking at that 3PH Hoe...you get what you pay for. I have the BH75 and there's no comparison. Sub-Frame is the only way to go. Like the old saying goes..."Spend Once...Cry Once"!!!!

Why not to use a 3PH backhoe...

Last edited:

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I recently purchased a backhoe and the gear box connects directly to the rear pto shaft. When lifting the 3 point hitch, the arms hit the bottom of the gear box. I broke the rear pto shaft on first use. Can I more the arms wider to avoid this problem?
Thanks for the help!
No, you can not move them to the space between the lift arm and the draw bar mount. The stabilizers will be parallel with the lift arms, and rendered useless. A 3 point backhoe is excessively hard on your components, including the stabilizers. Moving them parallel to the lift arms is a 200% guarantee that you will destroy them.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
No, you can not move them to the space between the lift arm and the draw bar mount. The stabilizers will be parallel with the lift arms, and rendered useless. A 3 point backhoe is excessively hard on your components, including the stabilizers. Moving them parallel to the lift arms is a 200% guarantee that you will destroy them.
Would a check chain system work for when the back hoe is on or can you limit the lift height?

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
Would a check chain system work for when the back hoe is on or can you limit the lift height?
I think a mechanical range limiter from Kubota for the B series should work for this model
7K504-61420 STOPPER
01820-50630 BOLT,KNOB
04512-60060 WASHER,SPRING
32771-36140 STOPPER

or can make a simple one out of a knob/bolt/plate/nut assembled to limit the 3pt lever range.

I think the newer B's came with this limiter std. or maybe the BH65 hoe came with.

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
When I was researching what pump I could use for my log splitter last winter I looked at these types of geared pumps and found them to be unsuitable due to clearance issues. Even with the 540 RPM pump that I eventually purchased I had to use a PTO extender as well as removing the right-side sway bar when hooking up the splitter. This was because the pump only had side mount hose fittings and the right side ran the chance of been hit by the sway bar if I was not careful when raising the splitter off the ground. Removing this sway bar is of no concern with the slitter but certainly cannot be removed with a B/H. If I had been able to find one of these pumps with rear connection points (which some have) I would not have had to remove the sway bar
The fact that your B/H is 3-point hitch attach is a whole other issue.