thoughts on using a rear blade in place of the loader on a BX2360

lamanated

Equipment
BX
May 2, 2013
Zephyrhills Fl
Saturday must be idea day, I was looking at the ads for ATV plows , so I could use it hooked to an adapter for the quick attach like the BX25 uses. and making this kind of thing
http://www.jariusa.com/ai2_products/BX_Series_Blank_Mount_Plate.html
well tonight as I went by my 3 point 5ft blade, I thought why not make this fit the adapter, just have some tabs to add, and shoes for the blade. only cost is welding wire and a set of shoes.
Ill be using it for snow moving.

ctmike

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L 3750 DT with loader, brush mower, rear grader blade, box scraper, rear blower,
May 10, 2013
Suffield, CT
Isn't it great to fabricate something? I find it's more rewarding than actually buying the item I need.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
lamanated,
Let me caution you on using a standard 3 point blade adapted to the front, #1 issue is there is no safety on a 3 point blade, that is the part that allows the blade to fold when it hits a solid object, you can really do some damage to your tractor and yourself without the safety! :eek:

With a blade on the three point in the rear it will rise if it hit's an unmovable object with too much force.

All true snow blades have that safety built into them, what you don't see under the snow and ice can really put a hurt on things!

I'm in the middle of making a dozer/snow blade for my L3450, and there is no way I wouldn't build in the safety!;)