This Kubota rookie would appreciate some help with the injection pump on a V1505 engine.

R.Smith

Equipment
Bandmill with V1505T engine
Jun 27, 2020
Iowa
I'm learning a little but not enough yet to figure out if the injection pump is okay enough to at least attach it to the engine block. It doesn't seem to want to go in place. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I'm hoping the photo with some text will be enough to explain my concerns. The photo has some wrong info... the three "pistons" only move about 1/32" but do so freely and seem to bottom out by contacting something solid.

R. Smith

Attachments

Last edited:

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
Its been awhile since I rebuilt a kubota injection pump.. but that pin is what controls the ammout of fuel flow, if one plunger is not moving as much it is probably gumed up.. there is a arm inside the pump that attaches to the injector plunger that turns it and allows more or less fuel to flow through the plungers.. it has Very tight tolerances and if any diesel has gumed up, or a foreign containment has got in there can stop it from moving freely

The kubota injection pumps are the easiest to work on.. but not easy to work on if you have never done it.. lots of fine washers, tiny springs and metal bushings.. everything has to be clean room clean.

There are also shims between the engine block and pump.. dont lose or damaged them! That is part if the engine timing..

Why was it removed? How many hours on the machine?

R.Smith

Equipment
Jun 27, 2020
Iowa
Its been awhile since I rebuilt a kubota injection pump.. but that pin is what controls the ammout of fuel flow, if one plunger is not moving as much it is probably gumed up.. there is a arm inside the pump that attaches to the injector plunger that turns it and allows more or less fuel to flow through the plungers.. it has Very tight tolerances and if any diesel has gumed up, or a foreign containment has got in there can stop it from moving freely

The kubota injection pumps are the easiest to work on.. but not easy to work on if you have never done it.. lots of fine washers, tiny springs and metal bushings.. everything has to be clean room clean.

There are also shims between the engine block and pump.. dont lose or damaged them! That is part if the engine timing..

The engine had a very bent connecting rod that would let the engine turn over. After taking the engine apart it was determined by a machine shop that the cylinder had to be sleeved. I had taken everything off of the b

Thank you bx. The engine was taken apart ten years ag

Thank you bx. The engine had a bent rod and a crack in the cylinder wall. Everything was taken off the block. That was ten years ago. It was sleeved. Just now trying to assemble everything. Those three "pistons" seem to move freely but only for about 1/32" and then seem to stop hitting something solid.

R.Smith

Equipment
Jun 27, 2020
Iowa
The engine had a very bent connecting rod that would let the engine turn over. After taking the engine apart it was determined by a machine shop that the cylinder had to be sleeved. I had taken everything off of the b

Thank you bx. The engine was taken apart ten years ag

Thank you bx. The engine had a bent rod and a crack in the cylinder wall. Everything was taken off the block. That was ten years ago. It was sleeved. Just now trying to assemble everything. Those three "pistons" seem to move freely but only for about 1/32" and then seem to stop hitting something solid.
And not a clue on the hours. (computer is locking up for some reason... thus all my goofy replies)

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
Unless the injection pump has been in a sealed bag filled with oil it has rusted inside the injection pump most likely causing the issues.. dunk it in a can full of diesel and atf for a few months and it might free up, but should still be taken apart and cleaned.. or take it apart and see whats going on in there

R.Smith

Equipment
Jun 27, 2020
Iowa
Thank you guys. I guess I really knew things were not right but had to check anyway? I did get everything moving but then things locked up again. Yes, I'll have to take the darn thing apart and hope for the best. I need to get an socket adapter so I can use an impact to get the screws loose.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Do not take it apart!
Send me a PM and I'll be more than happy to check it and possibly rebuild it for you.
The top anti tamper screws are anti tamper screws for a reason, they are an adjustment and if you remove them it will be out of adjustment.

Reactions: 1 user