The Great Kubota B7100HST front axle fluid Mystery

TerryKing

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100HST-D
Hi Everyone, I want to do correct maintenance on my B7100HST-D .

There are several inconsistent threads and opinions and links about the front axle differentials and the wheel gear units..

I have seen photos of two different looking front axles in manuals. Mine looks like this:
B7100HST_FrontDifferentialOil.jpg

The other one I've seen does not have that long an axle case. Is It Possible that the mid-late 90's kubota B7100HST-D had a different front axle than earlier ones??

Several sources say 1QT gear oil covers both the differential (.75Q) and the two wheel gear systems (.3 Qt each). But many people have drained their axles and wheel units and found much more oil.

I just drained my first wheel unit and it had .45 Q in it. Looked dark but not bad.. Using a funnel and 1/4" plastic line I got about .3 Qt into it and then it kept needing air let out or it stopped. Messy.

Has anyone heard of all this?? What is your experience?? How did you get oil into the wheel units? (I'm thinking I need a smaller tube but some way to pump/force it??

Any comments, suggestions welcome!!

(I'll get a real Sig up soon.. got the membership//)

Regards, Terry King
...In The Woods In Vermont
The one who dies with the most Parts LOSES! WHAT DO YOU NEED??

zz

Last edited:

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Hi Everyone, I want to do correct maintenance on my B7100HST-D .

There are several inconsistent thread and opinions and links about the front axle differentials and the wheel gear units..

I have seen photos of two different looking front axles in manuals. Mine looks like this:
Either your picture is too light or you did not attach a photo.