TG1860 Diesel

rrussell82

Equipment
TG1860
Apr 16, 2016
Ashland, KY
I have a TG1860 with 1200 hrs and have some questions

1. Stop Solenoid has no power. The solenoid is brand new. In the meantime i ran a coathanger thru the screen to manually shut off the fuel. I have not measured voltage to the relay but what else does the relay operate? Everything else seems to work. Could it be bad?

2. Power Steering automatically turns wheels to the right when key ignition is on. Is there a way to reset the controller? I have the top plug unhooked at the moment and the tractor operates fine w/o power steering.

3. Any other tricks to replacing the in line fuel filters other than pinching the lines n replacing the quickly? Do you have to bleed the air out or fill the filter w fuel?

4. I could take 5mins and search this but what type of engine oil is recommended.

Thank you

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
For question 3: you can add an in line fuel shut off valve so you don't have to pinch the fuel line. Not sure if your model has an electric fuel pump. If it does, then turn the key to the run position and listen for the pump to quiet down. Then start the tractor :D. Trying to fill an in-line fuel filter with diesel and then installing would be a serious challange ;)

Question 4: Any oil is fine as long as it's made for a diesel engine.

rrussell82

Equipment
TG1860
Apr 16, 2016
Ashland, KY
Thanks man.

BTW, the starter Bendix doesn't always engage and the starter will sometimes only spin. Do you know any quick fixes? Maybe a little lube? I do not think it is the solenoid but I really am not for sure.

rrussell82

Equipment
TG1860
Apr 16, 2016
Ashland, KY
Actually I wonder if some of the problem is the battery. Since I have only had the tractor for 2 weeks, I do not know how old the battery is. Maybe a load test is in order.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Might check positive and negative battery cables, both ends. Could even be corrosion under the insulation near the clamps.

rrussell82

Equipment
TG1860
Apr 16, 2016
Ashland, KY
Thanks, i did check the connections and cleaned them. Everything seems fine. I believe the solenoid is working but the bendix is only engaging every fourth turn of the key or so. Other thag that the starter just spins