TG1860 diesel PTO belt slipping

davidon

Dec 8, 2015
laytonsville
PTO belt snapped. Replaced with aftermarket but the belt keeps slipping off deck spindle. Is belt size incorrect? Tension spring shot? Something I'm missing? Also there is a lot of grease/on pto spindle area..seems to be leaking. is hydro fluid supposed to be replaced in PTO and how to get to it?

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Did you get the idler pulley on the correct side of the belt when you reinstalled it?
I think it'll go both ways, but one is much tighter than the other. (you want the tighter, harder to install, way)
The spring should be very tough to reinstall, so much so, I made a special "hook type" thing to grab the pulley and pull it towards me and then latch the spring back where it has to go.

davidon

Dec 8, 2015
laytonsville
Did you get the idler pulley on the correct side of the belt when you reinstalled it?
I think it'll go both ways, but one is much tighter than the other. (you want the tighter, harder to install, way)
The spring should be very tough to reinstall, so much so, I made a special "hook type" thing to grab the pulley and pull it towards me and then latch the spring back where it has to go.
Solved...was the replacement belt. Went to Tractor Supply and bought another belt from them. Put it on and everything works fine. Moral of the story., all aftermarket belts are not the same. I think the one that wasn't working was slightly incorrect in size even though they said it was a direct replacement.