Temp and pressure gauge??

melvinhatcher

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525FEL, 66" QA BUCKET, L8455CRUISE CONTROL KIT, WR LONG 3RD FUNCITIO
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
I have a 2016 L3301 with a LA525 front end loader. Has anyone installed a pressure and temperature gauges that can be read from the operator's seat for the LA525 loader? :)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The temp and pressure gauge wouldn't do a whole lot for you on a day to day setup.
Why do you think you need those?

melvinhatcher

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525FEL, 66" QA BUCKET, L8455CRUISE CONTROL KIT, WR LONG 3RD FUNCITIO
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
The temp and pressure gauge wouldn't do a whole lot for you on a day to day setup.
Why do you think you need those?
Probably not, but I am sort of a gadget guy, and I would like to know the temperature of my HST oil and how much pressure is on the system while working with the loader. Just a me thang. :p
Thanks for your reply. OBTW, I have to run, mama is holing it's bedtime.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I recall many yeas ago a car came in that had every guage you could imagine. From an aircraft. Anything that could operate in a car was installed in the dash.

I could see a pressure guage on a boom lift cylinder, if i needed to know rough weight of a load in bucket.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
You could run pilot tubing from HST for a pressure gauge, but honestly why would you want upwards of 2300 psi right in eye-sight.

I have toiled with the idea of a temp gauge for my HST. After a few hours of bush hogging the base of the seat is hoooot. There is an oil cooler with radiator, and as long as I keep those two clean Im not worried.

melvinhatcher

Equipment
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
but honestly why would you want upwards of 2300 psi right in eye-sight.
Honestly the HST fluid and pressure is already right in eye-sight via the hoses and connector at the third function valve and Loader control stick. :p

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
All components rated for far higher pressure and tested by Kubota not to fail and cause lawsuits. Your absolutely free to modify your machine as you see fit, but for me, Ill pass.

Im in the HVAC world, refrigerants are far lower pressure, and almost every remote gauge Ive seen, mounted by factory or Tech, has leaked or the tubing cracked from vibrations.

Kenny D sells a nice test gauge kit. You could check pressures with it quite often.

melvinhatcher

Equipment
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
All components rated for far higher pressure and tested by Kubota not to fail and cause lawsuits. Your absolutely free to modify your machine as you see fit, but for me, Ill pass.

Im in the HVAC world, refrigerants are far lower pressure, and almost every remote gauge Ive seen, mounted by factory or Tech, has leaked or the tubing cracked from vibrations.

Kenny D sells a nice test gauge kit. You could check pressures with it quite often.
Hi guys, its just a me thang, I have a pressure gauge installed on my wood splitter, works nice, and don't seems dangerous to me.
My thought was to do the same for the tractor, since the connectors, are in plane view on the tractor. The fluid pressure is there right in "eye" view of the operator, on my log splitter, and would be on my tractor. in my opinion it is just how it is installed.:rolleyes:

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Pressure gauge need to be 3000psi rated.
Temp gauge needs to be 500f rated.

Pressure gauge would be fine installed in the pressure line going to the loader valve.

Temp gauge sending unit needs to be installed into the side of the rear end about mid way up the case but under the fluid level.