T1600 deck transfer box/pulley

Splank

Aug 9, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Hi
I have a T1600 mower with a bit of an issue. The main drive pulley on the deck transfer box is loose (free spinning from the main drive)

What's happening is that the transfer box is directly turning the centre blade but the pulley on the top of the deck (bottom of the transfer box) is loose on the shaft so the two outer blades are sitting idle.

What Im looking to find out really is how this pulley is attached to the shaft. At the moment I can move it up and down freely but it wont fit over the end of the shaft to remove it. It could be pressed/heated on but I cant tell.

Does anyone what a diagram of how these are assembled or even know how I would remove the shaft from the box completely as the pulley is in the way of any circlip that might be on the bottom.

Ill take a few pics to try and explain what I mean later.

Splank

Aug 9, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Ok this might explain whats happening a bit better

This pully is loose on the shaft on the bottom of the transfer box

I can't tell if its supposed to be mounted on the wide lower part of the shaft (heated or pressed on) or if there is something missing where its located now.
Looking inside the pulley I can see what looks like an internal circlip or snapring but I can't tell if its out of position or not (its too low to allow the pully to move down over the wider part of the shaft)

I was looking to completely remove the shaft but if teh bottom bearing is held in by a circlip on the outside the pulley is in the way of removing it. It is held in place by a circlip on the inside but it obviously won't fit through the casing with the pulley on it.

A short video of it (click)

Can anyone shed some light on where the pulley should be positioned or how it is fitted?

Oh and this is the mower it came off which has taken its 23 working years very well tbh

Splank

Aug 9, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Right to answer my own questionn then.

There is a circlip on the outer side of the bottom bearing and the pulley completely obscures it. The shaft is pressed into the bottom bearing and is removed downward.

The slop on the pully is because the woodruff key has sheared and then continued to eat the shaft.