T1460 struggling up hills

Craigaria

Equipment
T1460
Jun 21, 2012
Monroe, ga USA
My father in law just gave me his old riding mower. It is a t1460 withe the 12.5 hp gas motor. I believe it is a 1998 model.

It runs perfect, cuts perfect, and has no other issues except that it seems to whine in forward or reverse while in motion and it sometimes stops pulling when going up hill.

I took it to the local kubota dealer and they wanted $850 to do general manta nance and fix the slipping. They said the had to remove the rear case open it up and change fluids. This included new belts, oil change, filter, sharpen blades, and also a new seat.

I am hoping it is something simple. Let me know.

Thanks

Reactions: 1 user

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Well if you own a wrench and dont mind getting dirty and busting a knuckhole or two I'd say buy all the parts and tackle it yourself.

Craigaria

Equipment
T1460
Jun 21, 2012
Monroe, ga USA
Well if you own a wrench and dont mind getting dirty and busting a knuckhole or two I'd say buy all the parts and tackle it yourself.
Well, I do have tools and not afraid to tackle the repairs myself, but it seemed kubota didn't know for sure the problem. I guess I was hoping to find someone that has experience with this mower that may lead me in the right direction.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Is the mower belt driven or does it have a drive shaft. I'm thinking if it is a belt driven mower that the belt needs to be replaced or tightened.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Spend a few bucks and get you a good manual. The free to cheap book seem to be lacking all the important information. Do a search on here threw the threads, theres been alot of other people asking for books and members posting the links as to where to get them.

Craigaria

Equipment
T1460
Jun 21, 2012
Monroe, ga USA
Ok, went to the inlaws and found the owners manual. Good info for lube specs but I was hoping for adjustment procedures for the linkage and belts. I guess I'll keep searching