Sway bar adjustment

Whatscooking

Equipment
Grand L 3130. BX2360. RTV900. GRASSHOPPER 721D
May 19, 2021
Indiana
Do you guys take all the slack out of the lower arms when you hook up something like a bush hog or grader box.
I have seen the replacement sway arms, do they work well?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
The replacements are FAR superior to the turnbuckles. 10 times faster to get the spot you need rather than screw in - screw out the turn buckle. Pull one pin slide and replace.

AS for the slack - leave a bit, but you do want the implement to stay behind the tractor and track correctly.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
The telescoping sway bars are much faster and easier to adjust than turnbuckles. Whether they're right for you is a balance between the cost and the frequency with which you're changing implements. What's the reduction of hassle worth to you? You don't want the sway completely eliminated. Leave an inch or two of sway for freedom of movement but certainly not enough to allow the lift arms to hit the tires. Be sure they're about equal length on both sides to keep the implement centered.

Mondo

Equipment
L355ss, back blade, bush hog
Apr 17, 2017
NYS
I did have the solid sway bars on a previous tractor (massey Ferguson) make sure they are they correct length id you switch. I now have the turn buckles on my Kobota. A local farmer claims the important function is so the brush hog sides or other implements dont rub against the inside of the rims or anything else that might make contact.

Jared 756

Equipment
MX5400, L3901 and B2601
Jun 9, 2021
Washington st
The sliding sway bars are awesome!! I put them on all my machines, not a fan of the turn buckles, was never able to keep them tight without backing off. I usually take all the slack out maybe leave a little wiggle for a mower or something that is mostly on the ground during turning etc.