Suspension Seat for a BX2360

tim62

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3830, BX2360, T1760
Aug 5, 2016
Essex Jct.
I would like to replace the OEM seat on my BX2360 with a suspension seat or a suspension kit. Has anyone done this and is there an option that requires minimal modification?

Tim 62

Seane1987

Equipment
LX2610SU TLB, BX2350
Jul 18, 2021
Lafayette NY
I am thinking about doing this to my bx2350. I was going to try the milsco v7300 from northern tool. It's expensive but very nice. The bolt pattern is not the same, I was planning on making an adapter plate or modifying the oem seat base to make it fit.

Millsco v7300 suspension seat

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I recall a couple others putting suspension seats on BX tractors here on OTT quite a few years ago.

Seems like one or both took them back off pretty quick as the suspension seat was much taller than OEM, and they were uneasy with a higher center of gravity, whether real or perceived.

Sidekick

Equipment
Sidekick 850, BX3260, Z726XKW-3-60
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
I put one on my BX years ago and it definitely saved my back mowing on my rough lawn. It is pretty much beat now but definitely raised the seating position. Also my tractor didn't come with a seat lock so the seat belt never was fully effective. Just bought a Z726x and wish a seat like that has could be adapted because it is the most comfortable mower seat I have experienced. Here is an old video of how I mounted it but that seat doesn't seem to be available these days.

Reactions: 1 user

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I put one on my BX years ago and it definitely saved my back mowing on my rough lawn. It is pretty much beat now but definitely raised the seating position. Also my tractor didn't come with a seat lock so the seat belt never was fully effective. Just bought a Z726x and wish a seat like that has could be adapted because it is the most comfortable mower seat I have experienced. Here is an old video of how I mounted it but that seat doesn't seem to be available these days.
I take delivery of my BX23S next week, and one of my main concerns is the seat. Great post, thanks for sharing.

Sidekick

Equipment
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
I take delivery of my BX23S next week, and one of my main concerns is the seat. Great post, thanks for sharing.
Doesn't Kubota now offer a suspension seat option on the. BX23? Mine is an old 2360 that came with the worst seat ever made.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
You might try putting valve springs inside the seat suspension springs. A member named SKEETS suggested this in another thread. I tried it and it works very well. The seat does not bottom out now over any terrain.

Sidekick

Equipment
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
You might try putting valve springs inside the seat suspension springs. A member named SKEETS suggested this in another thread. I tried it and it works very well. The seat does not bottom out now over any terrain.
Mine doesn't bottom out. The seat cushion has become very hard and uncomfortable probably from UV exposure and my fat butt on it about 800 hours mowing. I should just search for a new bottom cushion and cover.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Mine doesn't bottom out. The seat cushion has become very hard and uncomfortable probably from UV exposure and my fat butt on it about 800 hours mowing. I should just search for a new bottom cushion and cover.
Adding the valve springs did not just prevent the seat from bottoming out, it effectively made the seat more than 1/2 inch higher while I am sitting in it. That is because the OEM springs do not collapse as much due to the valve springs helping support my weight. That little bit of added height is more comfortable for me. YMMV

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
I recall a couple others putting suspension seats on BX tractors here on OTT quite a few years ago.

Seems like one or both took them back off pretty quick as the suspension seat was much taller than OEM, and they were uneasy with a higher center of gravity, whether real or perceived.
My neighbor attempted to replace his BX2370 seat with high end suspension seat. It did not work for all the reasons RCW noted plus one.... it was too high for his wife to reach the the peddles.
It can be done and there is a you tube video that shows it in detail.

A husband and wife team out of Bay Roberts, Newfoundland, Canada built a very successful channel based on modifying Kubota Tractors. They made a video doing exactly what you are wanting to do by modifying the sheet metal the replacement seat frame would mount to.
They should be fairly easy to track down on You Tube. I just Googled Paul and Kathy Short Newfoundland and it took me right to their online posts.

Best of luck getting your seat swapped out. I did it on my B2410 and it was a game changer !!! My new setup ONLY raised my seat level 1". But due to the extended length of the seat... I lost the ability to slide the seat from front to back. The fixed position seat fit me perfectly so that was a zero big deal for me.