Stuck

bambam31

Equipment
L3800HST 4x4,R1,FEL, 6'disc, 5'bush hog,piranhaTB,6'grader,6'rake, 48"forks
Apr 3, 2014
Mobile, AL
Just out of curiosity....what were you doing in that thick of mud with a scrape blade?
The blade was up when I was driving down the road. I wasn't trying to grade the road. When I sank the blade contacted the ground because of the angle. I didn't realize it at the time but it prevented me from going forward or backwards and the tires just spun. In the pic, before I just took it off, I repositioned the blade so that it was no longer touching the ground.

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
These incidents are normally followed by the words... "I knew I shouldn't have driven here"...after it is too late...lol.
We all get stuck sooner or later in all kinds of equipment. I have yet to get stuck with my kubota - but I baby her a bit.

One of our trucks got stuck. Happens really fast with mud. one sec your moving next sec thats it. Backing into a driveway we followed a customers tracks. Unfortunately the customer wasnt on their driveway - they actually were on top of their grass (which was soft mud). Boom.

Now we require all driveways to be marked with poles if it can't be seen in snow. $450 for the truck to come winch us out. And that was only because the shop was close by. Any further away would have been past the 1st hour and would have been $900

Attachments

zload

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2400HSD/47 John Deere Model M
Apr 14, 2015
FL
My "get the Kubota buried" started with "I think I can make more pass" with a bush hog bad idea... that one ended with a come-a-long, a long chain and a 1948 John Deere M dragging the 'bota out more or less sideways:eek:

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
I'm in the prcess of excavating a stream (3" deep, 6' across, typically has about 6" water depth) where the water has been flowing for a few years, the bottom is a nice river rock and shale base. Solid. The sides though are a very organic and sand mix that if you hit with a spade, even during a drought, fills with water. Messy work. I've gotten my BX stuck twice so far. The first time, my neighbor came over with his Kubota and pulled me out. The second time, I had finally gotten a winch on a 2" receiver setup front and back and was out in minutes. Between the winch and having the BH stabilzers so I could lif the tractor and throw some logs underneath made all the difference. I am half way thrugh the project. Slow going because of where the material is going to end up and it is so moisture saturated, I cam only put down so much (4" layer at a time) or else I just make ruts and a mess. It takes a bit over a month for the material to dry out where it is being put down. This summer, I will probably be able to finish it.
What I learned was, if you cannot get unstuck in a few minutes, do not fight it. Accept the predicament and get the tools and help to get it resolved easily. Fighting it is a waste of time.

5thhorseman

Equipment
B7000, Allied 95 FEL, Sovema Tiller, Blade, on 3 overgrown acres
Oct 21, 2010
Aldergrove, BC
Wish I had some pix of my incident, but it was too embarrassing and I just wanted to get the hell out of there. Now I see all your stories and feel better that it happens to everyone sometime :)

I had a 2' deep trench with a new water line and was using the loader to fill it back in and somehow I got too close to the edge and the soft earth started to give way. I ended up mostly in the trench with my right rear and partly on the right front. Used the hydraulics on the loader bucket to pull myself out inch by inch.

altonwelch

Nov 26, 2013
Monroe, LA
Well I got stuck last May but didn't take a picture of it. So I'll share a couple of pics of trying to get a neighbor unstuck!

First is of me trying to pull a dump truck out. My tractor wasn't heavy enough as he was still loaded. So they got a telehandler in there which successfully got the dump truck out, but then had to be helped out himself. Second picture is me pushing him with my bucket.

Attachments

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Well I got stuck last May but didn't take a picture of it. So I'll share a couple of pics of trying to get a neighbor unstuck!

First is of me trying to pull a dump truck out. My tractor wasn't heavy enough as he was still loaded. So they got a telehandler in there which successfully got the dump truck out, but then had to be helped out himself. Second picture is me pushing him with my bucket.
Welcome to the forum... Were you trying to pull that truck out, with the tractor in reverse? If so, remember the tires pull better when going forward...:D:D

altonwelch

Nov 26, 2013
Monroe, LA
Welcome to the forum... Were you trying to pull that truck out, with the tractor in reverse? If so, remember the tires pull better when going forward...:D:D
Thanks. Yeah, I actually turned around and tried it going forward too, but there was no moving that truck. The driver made sure it was good and stuck before asking for help. The ground had given away on one side and the frame and rear axle were on the ground.