Strange request: Pine Needle removal

W7AX

Equipment
L4310 HST, Bush hog mower, two different buckets for front end loader, Land box
Mar 23, 2018
Polson, Montana
This might be the weirdest question yet. I have a lot of very large pine trees, over 150 of them on my property here. They range from 2 feet to 3 feet in diameter and most are 150 feet high or more. Needless to say, they lose a lot of needles each year and it takes a very long time to manually rake them up and get them to a burn pile. I'm trying to imagine a machine that could at least get them in windrows so they are easier to pick up. I've even thought of designing and building a special machine that could do this. A side delivery rake comes to mind but it would have to be smaller that the ones I've seen for farm use. Even thought of a huge vacuum cleaner type rig. Has anyone ever had this same problem or even know of a machine that could at least help with the chore?

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Re: Strange request

This might be the weirdest question yet. I have a lot of very large pine trees, over 150 of them on my property here. They range from 2 feet to 3 feet in diameter and most are 150 feet high or more. Needless to say, they lose a lot of needles each year and it takes a very long time to manually rake them up and get them to a burn pile. I'm trying to imagine a machine that could at least get them in windrows so they are easier to pick up. I've even thought of designing and building a special machine that could do this. A side delivery rake comes to mind but it would have to be smaller that the ones I've seen for farm use. Even thought of a huge vacuum cleaner type rig. Has anyone ever had this same problem or even know of a machine that could at least help with the chore?
Here you go, pine needle rake from EA Attachments.

https://www.everythingattachments.com/Tractor-Pine-Straw-Rakes-Pine-Needle-Rakes-s/3425.htm

W7AX

Equipment
Mar 23, 2018
Polson, Montana

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

How bout one of these :rolleyes::p:p

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

W7AX

Equipment
Mar 23, 2018
Polson, Montana

I do use one of those...right after I get the needles all in a big pile :)

Grouse09

Equipment
B2650 Cab, snowblower, FEL, brush hog
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI

I use a needle rake from Tractor Supply for pine needles, branches and de-thatching the lawn. I tow it behind a 4-wheeler because I don’t want the tractor on the sprinklers or septic tank. It does a great job as I am sure the ETA rake does a well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vic gerbasi

Equipment
M110 L3300
Feb 19, 2016
dugald mb canada

Really !!!! all he had to do is adjust the top hook on upper link and then weld an adjustable brace to hold the height leg up when not in usre