Stock headlights vs 36 Watt LED

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Thought those who are still on the fence about LED lights and how much light output the smaller units put out, would appreciate the following comparison.

Please keep in mind the camera adjusts and made the stock halogen bulbs better than what they appear in the pictures and actually made the LEDS look a bit worse.

Posting to show mega dollar gazillion lumen lights are not always necessary. They do look cool though! These are cheap 36 watt units that pull far less amps than their watt rating would imply. (I actually measure the current draw on the LEDs)

These are the ones I used for reference. https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-4PCS-6-5Inch-Flood-Warranty/dp/B01N0SFVCT/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=36+watt+led+flood+lamp&qid=1578448040&sr=8-5

Put a set of these front and back and you'll have plenty of light and drawing less current than what the stock hi beam pulls.

Have a Super Deluxe day!

Added in edit on 01-30-2020:

Each LED lamp pulled a measured 2.06 amps, so a pair draws 4.12 amps. This (4.12 amps) is slightly less than a single halogen 55 watt bulb.

The package rating is overstated. Each lamp should use 36 watts, but is only drawing 26 watts. I'm only mentioning this as the package rating can be misleading when selecting wiring and switches.

Attachments

Last edited:

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Changing out the headlights will help as well.

I changed the two 1156/1073 bulbs (about 25 watts each) in the headlights to some LED backup bulbs that pull just under 7 watts each.

Much wider pattern and much brighter/further throw.

headlights1.jpg headlights2.jpg

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
Thought those who are still on the fence about LED lights and how much light output the smaller units put out, would appreciate the following comparison.

Please keep in mind the camera adjusts and made the stock halogen bulbs better than what they appear in the pictures and actually made the LEDS look a bit worse.

Posting to show mega dollar gazillion lumen lights are not always necessary. They do look cool though! These are cheap 36 watt units that pull far less amps than their watt rating would imply. (I actually measure the current draw on the LEDs)

These are the ones I used for reference. https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-4PCS-6-5Inch-Flood-Warranty/dp/B01N0SFVCT/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=36+watt+led+flood+lamp&qid=1578448040&sr=8-5

Put a set of these front and back and you'll have plenty of light and drawing less current than what the stock hi beam pulls.

Have a Super Deluxe day!
How do you aTtach them to your ROPs. They say they come with mounts but how how did you attach the mounts.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
How do you aTtach them to your ROPs. They say they come with mounts but how how did you attach the mounts.
I used 1/4-20 pem nuts drilled in. and ran the wiring inside the tube.

Kubota says "don't modify the ROPS in any way" But they do sell lights and canopy covers that mount to it, so it is hard to say what they mean about modifications.

Regardless of the definition, get ready for a sermon full of passive aggressive comments about modifying the tractor/ROPS in any way.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re:...so it is hard to say what they mean about modifications.

that would probabaly mean ANY cutting,welding or bending so as to alter the original ROPS.
adding stuff using 'nuts and bolts' wouldn't really affect the integrity of the ROPS
Anything 'nut and bolted' will either selfdestruct in a rollover or pierce a lung or eyeball.....

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
re:...so it is hard to say what they mean about modifications.

that would probabaly mean ANY cutting,welding or bending so as to alter the original ROPS.
adding stuff using 'nuts and bolts' wouldn't really affect the integrity of the ROPS
Anything 'nut and bolted' will either selfdestruct in a rollover or pierce a lung or eyeball.....
"....What they probably mean..." ???

Using the magnet suggested above will collect shavings inside the tube which will cause corrosion. Is that OK? i remember someone getting lam-basted for putting foam in the ROPS because it will make it rust out and fall off.

Using clamps cause squeeze points that change the assembly, that is basic engineering. So the torque used would mater a lot. On the canopy kit They do not specify any torque value leaving the whole discussion open. If you give Kubota 900.00 for the kit, it is perfectly OK to modify your ROPS with it.

The ROPS on my brand new B2650 has several holes in it as well as a big break in the middle and things welded to it, and it is safe. To suggest it can't be safely modified is just wrong. Again, this is engineering. How about if you modified it by making it 4 times stronger? How about if you integrated it into a whole roll cage encompassing the entire tractor? Still modified but much much safer.

Use common sense.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
"....What they probably mean..." ???

Using the magnet suggested above will collect shavings inside the tube which will cause corrosion. Is that OK? i remember someone getting lam-basted for putting foam in the ROPS because it will make it rust out and fall off.

Using clamps cause squeeze points that change the assembly, that is basic engineering. So the torque used would mater a lot. On the canopy kit They do not specify any torque value leaving the whole discussion open. If you give Kubota 900.00 for the kit, it is perfectly OK to modify your ROPS with it.

The ROPS on my brand new B2650 has several holes in it as well as a big break in the middle and things welded to it, and it is safe. To suggest it can't be safely modified is just wrong. Again, this is engineering. How about if you modified it by making it 4 times stronger? How about if you integrated it into a whole roll cage encompassing the entire tractor? Still modified but much much safer.

Use common sense.
You really wanna run that right into the ground don't you! :rolleyes:

I simply said that foaming the inside of a ROPS can cause you to have to have the ROPS replaced (or take that price off the trade in ) if you deal with a quality dealer.

I later was asked why would that be altering it and that is because it can lead to rust inside the ROPS.

Now you drilling holes in your ROPS is the same thing, it's altering the ROPS.
So a quality dealer will make you change (or take that price off the trade in ) .

You have twisted that around to clamping onto a ROPS is also altering it, it is NOT, well that is unless you use axle U or Square bolts and put hundreds of pounds on the clamps to cause them to dent a deform the wall of the ROPS.

So please get over it and move on! ;)

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Edit: deleted comment.

BMbbm- The magnets work fine and are a really easy option to implement. They hold quite well.

Last edited: