Starbucks - Winter Blend (Beans)

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I picked up a bag of Starbucks Winterblend coffee while at Costco one Monday, thinking this will be good. I never read the label.

This morning I'm thinking about that coffee...Mmm.

When I opened it, I got a surprise. Crapola...as I bellared at my wife. We need a grinder!! Improvising...I grabbed the Quisinart Food processor....that will do it. Alls it did was make a big mess..and no joy as a bean grinder. I cleaned up my mess....bummed.

Today while prepping for Thanksgiving Dinner, I prepped the gravy in the Ninja Foodie. [Idea!!] This thing will grind them beans.

I filled one of large containers with beans and set it to auto. That thing literally pulverized them beans.

I yelled at the wife to cancel the coffee grinder that she ordered on Amazon...hours earlier.

The Ninja grinds coffee beans like a champ. In less than 10 minutes the whole bag was ready for percolating through our Ninja Coffee maker.

I was so tickled that it worked, I made a pot of coffee to try it.

👍👍👍

Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Been using a Kitchen Aid coffee mill for more than 50 years and have worn out quite a few. Wish I knew where to get new brushes for the motors and how to get at them.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Been using a Kitchen Aid coffee mill for more than 50 years and have worn out quite a few. Wish I knew where to get new brushes for the motors and how to get at them.
I am not sure they have what you need but go to kitchen aid and check their parts site. At least up until a few years ago you could still get their stuff serviced and order parts from them. If you stop in (Greenville,OH) to see them they have a great direct to customer brick and mortar factory direct store and you can buy at unbelieveable prices when they have inventory reduction sale in the fall…usually have to call or search the site high and low to get the date…and of course they are in Ohio.

IME its better to call and talk to someone to get the info you need verses their site.

Reactions: 1 user

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
When I saw the title, my first thought was "good grief, hope they aren't slipping a little Diesel 911 into it".

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Oops, it's going to get old now that it's ground. :D

Seriously though, how did you like the coffee.
I'm not a Starbucks fan on the norm. The Winter Blend I tried when visiting friends. I really liked it. The way the Ninja ground it, it's almost like Nesquik/flour. It's bold, rich, with a little bite. Hot it's GREAT. Cold, it really has some bite to it.

I drink Yuban normally. I also drink it cold/(same pot), next day.

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I am starting to get the idea that my Taster's Choice Decaf is not satisfactory for the normal human! :ROFLMAO:

BUT on the other side of the coin, I can say that I was having a back issue over ten years ago, that went on for several years, and cutting caffeinated coffee and other products containing caffeine made it disappear, believe it or not.

I did not do it for that reason. I cut the caffeine on a whim because a coworker mentioned if he cut caffeine his ears stopped ringing, but he liked to drink coffee more than the ears ringing (tinnitus) bothered him.

So my ears kept ringing, but my back issue went away!

Go figure!

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Hearing your story about your back pain, related to caffeine, is something to think about I suppose. In my case, my back pain comes from splitting L3 back in (10 days post marriage) 1990. Fusion was strongly recommended, though my profession and life would have ceased productivity. I declined the surgery and wore a chair back brace for three years and strengthened my core muscles. Doing so allowed me to get back to physical work.

I like my morning coffee!!