SSV65 Skid Steer Disable Backup Alarm

logan1211

Equipment
SSV65
Jun 6, 2016
Missouri
Before everyone rails on me for safety, yes, I’m fully aware of the laws and regulations and safety reasons why this exists. If I worked commercially and had this on job sites, I’d never even think of asking this.

1. This isn’t leaving my property.
2. I don’t do work for others; my machine
3. I also installed a backup camera and display

I haven’t spent a ton of time digging through the engine bay and under fan; but can anyone familiar with this series give me any pointers to locating the speaker or related fuse, etc.

I’d appreciate it more than you know!

Thank you!

logan1211

Equipment
SSV65
Jun 6, 2016
Missouri
Man at first I was like ya; surely I’ll hear it.

But tough to make the noise and look for it at same time. Especially if it’s under the cab and I’ve got to have that raised to hear it. Quick looking nothing jumps out... thanks for the link, that’s awesome, I’ll give it a look!

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Personally "if I had to disable it" I'd install a relay and a push button to defeat it, so every time you use the machine, if you don't want the backup alarm to work, you have to push a button to initiate the defeat, and when you turn the machine off it resets itself. Therefore, the alarm works every time you start, unless you disable it. YMMV

logan1211

Equipment
SSV65
Jun 6, 2016
Missouri
Yep, absolutely. It won***8217;t be a cut job. It***8217;ll be switched for sure! Love your idea. Appreciate it!

Just need to find the damn thing...

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Are you just not wanting to hear it in the cab?
Much better option, to just silence that one.

There are 2 Buzzers, one you hear it in the cab, right hand side in the cab under the frame rail, about where your knee is.

The other is mounted to the back of the engine door right side.

Last edited:

logan1211

Equipment
SSV65
Jun 6, 2016
Missouri
Yes, thank you, found it! It's the rear door one right by the fuel tank fill.

I used the illustrated parts link shared above here and found it easily. Just a simple unplug. Brilliant. Thing was staring me in the face the whole time.

Thanks all!

smkied

Equipment
SVL65-2
May 11, 2021
Alberta, Canada
Thank you for this thread, the beep was driving me mental, louder than the operation of the machine!! Simple unplug behind the door like you’ve said in this thread.
Very thankful 🙂

Handymantim

Equipment
KX080-4s, B26, SVL97-2
Aug 15, 2023
DFW Texas
It's funny how messages like these elicit responses that don't answer the OP's question but instead result in opinion, generally centered around safety. LOL. Anyway, I have a 2021 SVL97 and my backup horn is mounted to the LEFT side of the engine compartment door and is held in place with two 10mm bolts. I had to remove the bolts to be able to disconnect the wire harness. If there is a horn in my cab, someone already disabled it. When I say the LEFT side of the machine I'm referring to the same as the LEFT side of a vehicle.....the driver's side....facing forward in the seat hold up your left hand.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's funny how messages like these elicit responses that don't answer the OP's question but instead result in opinion, generally centered around safety. LOL. Anyway, I have a 2021 SVL97 and my backup horn is mounted to the LEFT side of the engine compartment door and is held in place with two 10mm bolts. I had to remove the bolts to be able to disconnect the wire harness. If there is a horn in my cab, someone already disabled it. When I say the LEFT side of the machine I'm referring to the same as the LEFT side of a vehicle.....the driver's side....facing forward in the seat hold up your left hand.
Yea it also amazes me when someone doesn't read through all the posts and read the date on a 6 year old thread, that the answer was already given. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user