Source for tubes 12.4 x 14 Firestone R1

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
My recent set of used wheels and tires came with tubes having CC ballast. I had decided just to run them and I empty as much as I can. Well, not only got more than a little run into the broken down bead, I damaged one of the tubes trying to get it mostly drained. In the process I also noticed that in what looked like near new condition rim, there was already significant rust evident inside the rim under the tire, especially around the hole for the filler stem.

So, these tires are 12.4 x 16 R1 Firestones on standard Kubota wheels for a B2150. The main question is, where do I find a pair of tubes to fit this. I believe I would ideally need the 215 (I think?) stems with threaded locks to the rim, which has the big holes and stub adaptor for standard stem. That also makes filling with fluid far easier due to larger bore.

Does this sound about right? Or anything else I should be looking for? Local common tire stores don't seem to be able to get them, and we have no real tractor support here other than (borderline) gouging dealers. I'm hoping to find a fair priced option on a good product to receive in the next week or two.

Those beads are murder to pop off, nearly gave myself a hernia, and I've swapped 42" TSLs by hand with only minor difficulty. So I'll pay for dismount and do just like I had to do when I was forced to re-weld and grind to shape to cleanup my front wheels for the new R1s put up there. Heavy knotted brush followed by abrasive flap wheel, followed by thorough cleaning of damage areas which were then welded as needed, then reshaped so you can't even tell. The apply phosphoric acid to convert the remaining rust, and sprayed with Chevy Engine orange (close enough) before remounting tires. Looks good, and should stop the rust.

I'll then load with RV Antifreeze and move on with life. But I've got to find inter tubes first. Any pointers to a source with good value options would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Not sue why I missed it last night when I searched, but found this other thread today. I called Nebrask Tire and they have just what I needed. They were very friendly and they are on the way far cheaper than tubes I found in general "on line" searches.