sore hip

beemmeup

Equipment
BX25DLB
Apr 25, 2017
British Columbia
I find the hydrostatic transmission on my bx25dlb aggravates my hip when I reverse too often. After running cat equipment for years I have to wonder why a simple direction fwd/rev lever on the column wouldn't have sufficed with just the one foot pedal for speed. Any ideas on how I can adjust the footswitches so they required less down pressure.

Knott

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2015 BX2670-1, BX2755HD Snow Blower, Farmking 4' box Blade, BX 2760A Plow Blade
Jun 2, 2015
Manitoba
I am recovering from a broken pelvis myself & l know about a sore hip too. What l do is l don't push down on the reverse pedal, l put the toe of my boot under the forward pedal & lift up. I can't lift my foot to get on the reverse pedal at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I think it sux that we are forced to settle for HST. Just my opinion but HST is great on a lawn mower but useless on a farm tractor. I would love to have a 50ish hp L series with a cab but I can't see HST holding up pulling implements like a disc all day long. Why don't they offer a cab tractor with GST or a standard shuttle shift. Just the noise alone makes me hate them. I hear enough whining from the neighbors so I don't want it from my tractor.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I think it sux that we are forced to settle for HST. Just my opinion but HST is great on a lawn mower but useless on a farm tractor. I would love to have a 50ish hp L series with a cab but I can't see HST holding up pulling implements like a disc all day long. Why don't they offer a cab tractor with GST or a standard shuttle shift. Just the noise alone makes me hate them. I hear enough whining from the neighbors so I don't want it from my tractor.
HST are tough and used in much bigger equipment than Kubota tractors. They are great for getting the most work out of your machine. I used to run a Claas Self Propelled Forage Harvester with a 600hp V-8 Mercedes engine that was hydrostatic pulling a dump wagon. Never had any transmission problems. Most bulldozers use them now and many large tractors are using some version of them. The pedal design on Kubota leaves something to be desired.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
There seems to be (at least) two kinds of hst transmission designs in the Kubotas, as well as hst pedals. I have one of each. My L3560 has one set and the B2650 another. Both are nice tractors, but the transmission on the 3560 is way nicer. It engages smoothly while the B has a tendency to lurch especially in M and H. The 3560 is much quieter. I am hoping the B lurch will go away with time, but I have driven several with it. No hope that the hst noise will go away.

Same deal with the pedals. I find on the B that the lift with toe works better and also to avoid really heavy boots. On the L with a different pedal style, I pick up whole foot and move it back and to the side.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
HST are tough and used in much bigger equipment than Kubota tractors. They are great for getting the most work out of your machine.
Volvo tried to tell me their auto trans in their loader would be so much better and more efficient than my manual shift Cat. They even brought one of their best demo operators to show me how to get the most out of the machine.

We lined up 20 dump trucks and away we went. I took my 11 yr old 980G with 28000 hrs and loaded 11 out of the 20. He said it was a fluke so we did it again and I got 12 out of 20. None of mine were over loaded and most of his were either over or under. My Cat had a auto function but I kept it in manual because I could get the most out of my machine when I was in control. Computer crap and auto function this and that may be nice for a beginner who doesn't know how a machine works but it can't replace a skilled operator.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
There seems to be (at least) two kinds of hst transmission designs in the Kubotas, as well as hst pedals. I have one of each. My L3560 has one set and the B2650 another. Both are nice tractors, but the transmission on the 3560 is way nicer. It engages smoothly while the B has a tendency to lurch especially in M and H. The 3560 is much quieter. I am hoping the B lurch will go away with time, but I have driven several with it. No hope that the hst noise will go away.

Same deal with the pedals. I find on the B that the lift with toe works better and also to avoid really heavy boots. On the L with a different pedal style, I pick up whole foot and move it back and to the side.
Hi mary. There is a fix for your B2650 lurching. Mine was doing the same thing and could be tough hooking up implements. When you would be almost there it would lurch and wham. It did it in all the ranges. Talked to my dealer who has been great and he got ahold of the factory rep. They replaced the springs in the forward and reverse nuetral switches and it fixed the lurching. Works like a million dollars now. No charge. Smooth as silk. Any questions get ahold of me.

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Hi mary. There is a fix for your B2650 lurching. Mine was doing the same thing and could be tough hooking up implements. When you would ne almost there it would lurch and wham. It did it in all the ranges. Talked to my dealer who has been great and he got ahold of the factory rep. They replaced the springs in the forward and reverse nuetral switches and it fixed the lurching. Works like a million dollars now. No charge. Smooth as silk. Any questions get ahold of me.
Thanks rkidd that is fabulous news.

Racer X

Equipment
GR2110 ~ 1948 Ford 8N ~ 1948 Adams Motor Grader ~ Kubota L260
Apr 28, 2017
The Great Pacific Northwet
I am considering a new tractor, and the lack of a GST in certain models immediately removes them from consideration. The HST is too prone to failure and leakage for heavy work.

I'm not convinced the HST is good for a mower either, and so far my experience has proved this out. I've had 2 HST mowers, the latest a Kubota. Both have been troublesome and I really wish there was a choice for a GST mower.

As far as the whine goes, I ditched Mrs. Racer 1.0 because she whined too much.

Maybe it is time to ditch the mower and get an older model, like I did when I switched to Mrs. Racer 2.0. Been nearly 20 years now and she never whines.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I dont know about being unreliable they are used underground everyday and hard used I might, haulage equipment is never babied by any operator and they hold up just fine. Same with haul trucks,, as far as the BX hydro goes its about the best onthe market for the size. Just MHO you understand

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Im just shy of 36, and 23 years of kick saves in hockey has destroyed my hips. Im not a fan of the peddle arrangement, but everything else is better to me, than the 1025R setup.