Someone modified my cooling system : Kubota L3130

hendr1x

Equipment
L3130
Jan 21, 2021
New England, US
Hello everyone,
I just installed a block heater in my L3130.

For some reason, my coolant reservoir does not have a line coming out of the bottom...just an empty nipple.

The radiator has two big lines (one on top/one on bottom)...a small line from the radiator cap which goes to the reservoir cap and continues on to empty on the bottom of tractor. Finally there is a small line on the bottom corner of the radiator that runs directly into the engine block. This is all that I can find and I don't see any where in the manual that it shows all the lines?

Any idea where the missing reservoir line is suppose to go and why it would get removed?

Thanks

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Line going to the reservoir jug will attach at the overflow port just below the radiator cap. Just below the cap you should see little nipple sticking out. That is where the line to a coolant reservoir jug will attach to it.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Line going to the reservoir jug will attach at the overflow port just below the radiator cap. Just below the cap you should see little nipple sticking out. That is where the line to a coolant reservoir jug will attach to it.
this is correct.

There is a blank nipple on the bottom of some of the reservoirs, as Kubota used the same reservoir on different models that had a separate hose for a vent. I forget what model it was, but yes that was a weird deal that I called Kubota about a number of years ago. Twas explained to me that the reservoir CAP is vented on the 3130, thus the lower nipple was left "blank" (not drilled).

May have been the Grand L 40's, had a second hose on the bottom...can't remember!

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Hendrix…your system is correct. The overflow from the radiatior exits and goes to the reservoir. When the coolant “cools” back down after operations….it contracts…and sucks coolant from the reservoir back to the radiator via the same hose as delivered it. (The radiator cap is not vented to atmosphere…it is vented to reservoir.)