Sold the BX25D and bought a New L6060 Cab and Loader.

Gso125

Equipment
L6060 cab and loader
Sep 16, 2013
USA
I loved my little BX but wanted a Cab. Looked a few other brands but stayed with Kubota. So I get it next week I could have went smaller to get the backhoe and some other implements. But I’ll see how it goes without it this year. Really never used the backhoe on the bx my awesome neighbor has a mini excavator for anything big. Now to get something to cover it until I build something permanent.
IMG_6486.jpeg
IMG_6485.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Gaspasser

Equipment
L6060, FEL, forks, front snowblower. KX033 mini ex. Dump truck, Husqvarna saws.
Dec 16, 2023
NH
Did exactly the same. Got the L6060 in December after ordering in July. Cab, FEL, forks, front snowblower. Still learning all the bells and whistles but glad to have the power/lifting capacity. I do miss the little BX25 for quick, small jobs though. Would have been nice to keep both if money was not an issue. Good luck with your new machine.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Gso125

Equipment
L6060 cab and loader
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Did exactly the same. Got the L6060 in December after ordering in July. Cab, FEL, forks, front snowblower. Still learning all the bells and whistles but glad to have the power/lifting capacity. I do miss the little BX25 for quick, small jobs though. Would have been nice to keep both if money was not an issue. Good luck with your new machine.
I bought this machine mainly for snow I may go with the front mount snow blower but was also trying to not have to do the summer /winter swap like I did with the BX. I had the 3rd function and 2 rear remotes added if I went with a rear snowblower and loader mounted plow. I have a hilly driveway that my truck/plow would get stuck and the bx would always get it done but I just wanted out of the elements.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Congrats, Nice! In the picture it looks like the right THP arm is about 4" lower and could use a little adjustment.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I bought this machine mainly for snow I may go with the front mount snow blower but was also trying to not have to do the summer /winter swap like I did with the BX. I had the 3rd function and 2 rear remotes added if I went with a rear snowblower and loader mounted plow. I have a hilly driveway that my truck/plow would get stuck and the bx would always get it done but I just wanted out of the elements.
Very nice! I had a BX25 for five years and an MX6000HST for a little over a year, but since moving to cabbed tractors 2-1/2 years ago there's very little that I miss about an open station.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
You have a KX033 and an L6060 which beats a BX25 and an L6060 .... so life is good! 😂

Sometimes I think about the BX25TLB that I sold and wonder if I should have kept it. I tend to be loyal to inanimate objects that perform well, but I would only have used the backhoe. Perhaps I would have looked for more things to do if I had a backhoe, but I'm busy enough as it is.

Other than the cost, two tractors is very convenient when you have lots of different tasks to do.

Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I loved my little BX but wanted a Cab. Looked a few other brands but stayed with Kubota. So I get it next week I could have went smaller to get the backhoe and some other implements. But I’ll see how it goes without it this year. Really never used the backhoe on the bx my awesome neighbor has a mini excavator for anything big. Now to get something to cover it until I build something permanent. View attachment 129172 View attachment 129173
Congratulations! That’s sweet ride you got there. 👍

Gso125

Equipment
L6060 cab and loader
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Congrats, Nice! In the picture it looks like the right THP arm is about 4" lower and could use a little adjustment.
I’ll check it out when they deliver it. I have my quick hitch to put on. Thanks

Gaspasser

Equipment
Dec 16, 2023
NH
You have a KX033 and an L6060 which beats a BX25 and an L6060 .... so life is good! 😂

Sometimes I think about the BX25TLB that I sold and wonder if I should have kept it. I tend to be loyal to inanimate objects that perform well, but I would only have used the backhoe. Perhaps I would have looked for more things to do if I had a backhoe, but I'm busy enough as it is.

Other than the cost, two tractors is very convenient when you have lots of different tasks to do.
Yes, you are right. The new tractor and mini ex are a winning combination. Funny that you expressed sentimentality towards equipment. I sometimes wondered if the BX was feeling sad about me selling her after we did so much together, lol. Crazy, I know.

• Haha

Gaspasser

Equipment
Dec 16, 2023
NH
Think carefully about the type of snowblower you want. I got the front mounted commercial blower because of the steepness of my lot and the amount of snow we get at elevation here in NH. I also did not want to be strainig my neck driving in reverse. Unfortunately, even though I ordered in July, it didn't arrive until after substantial snowfall had occurred in December and iced up. Given the steepness of my woodlot gravel drive, once snow has compacted and iced up, no point in trying to clear it until it melts. I never did get to mounting the blower unit and resigned myself to waiting for next winter. Something I didn't fully understand was the limitation of having to mount the unit and subframe ( a time consuming process) which excludes the use of the FEL or forks.. Due to the time and effort required to changeover, most folks don't bother chsnging back until spring.. i was not aware of the availability of 3 pt hitch towed units that work driving forward. Disadvantage would be driving over snow before it is cleared but you would have use of front mounted attachments. Perhaps someone on the forum has experience with this type of unit? Good luck with your decision.

Gso125

Equipment
L6060 cab and loader
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Think carefully about the type of snowblower you want. I got the front mounted commercial blower because of the steepness of my lot and the amount of snow we get at elevation here in NH. I also did not want to be strainig my neck driving in reverse. Unfortunately, even though I ordered in July, it didn't arrive until after substantial snowfall had occurred in December and iced up. Given the steepness of my woodlot gravel drive, once snow has compacted and iced up, no point in trying to clear it until it melts. I never did get to mounting the blower unit and resigned myself to waiting for next winter. Something I didn't fully understand was the limitation of having to mount the unit and subframe ( a time consuming process) which excludes the use of the FEL or forks.. Due to the time and effort required to changeover, most folks don't bother chsnging back until spring.. i was not aware of the availability of 3 pt hitch towed units that work driving forward. Disadvantage would be driving over snow before it is cleared but you would have use of front mounted attachments. Perhaps someone on the forum has experience with this type of unit? Good luck with your decision.
I’m most likely going to get a plow and a ballast box to see how I do with just that. I’m thinking if I do get a rear mounted blower I’d use the plow to stack and the the blower to put it in the woods. I have 2 really steep areas I wouldn’t want to back down. But I’ll get the front mount one if needed but hopefully don’t need it. It’s 500ft long and I’m at the base of Mount Wachusett not far from your boarder. We also get a ton of snow