So what would you tell your grand kids?

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Because nothing is good or bad except by comparison. (Which, by the way, is how the many names for that entity were contrived.)
Right. 100 percent. Thank you @WIHedgehog.

Good and evil is based on speculation by mortals. Mortals with a soul. Like you all, if you are reading this.

Animals and insects don't consider it. Those creatures just do as they please for their own benefit.

Why do you consider it? ..... (Because you have a soul).

Can you imagine a world of humans who did that? ... Lived like animals.

If there is no good or evil, then you could do what you want to. No matter what it is. No guidelines, no rules. Why make rules and laws if there isn't good or evil?

So, if there is an evil, what is it based on?

It's based on the opposite: Good.

Last edited:

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Why is that?
“The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist”—Charles Baudelaire
“The second greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he is the good guy”—Ken Ammi”

― Charles Baudelaire

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I thought that religion and politics were not allowed on OTT. This is now evolving into a religious thread.

Reactions: 1 user

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
OK. I appreciate the OP's original situation. I responded. Youngsters these days have no respect.

My apologies, I know this a tractor forum. And I may be out of line.

Do it for Love.

I'm not giving suggestions for fixing our tractors very often. Despite my history in tractor operation., I was an operator not a technician or mechanic.

But, as myself. I was lost. A fool in life, I made many mistakes. But I found the answer by God's grace. I found Truth.

There is an answer.
It's not evolution. It's Love through Jesus Christ. I try to love all, from every religion. I fail.

My wife is a Jew, and my friends come from all walks of life and religions. My wife is a now a Christian Jew. Which is God's chosen.

I only hope and pray that you, and all men and women, find the Truth. That is my goal. To help you, within my ability. Which is limited, I am just a simple hard working American guy.

Many will be against me. But I will try to persevere. Do it for Love. Not love that is found within me, but from God. Because, like most of you, I don't give a shit about someone else, normally. But it's different when I found the Truth.

Be well. Tractor on, my friends.... I wish you all the best.

Find Truth. I do not have all answers, but I know Truth:

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re:
Animals and insects don't consider it. Those creatures just do as they please for their own benefit.

Except many animals care for their young. usually the mothers, seahorse males one exception....

As to the original question......
Allow the grandchild to raise a dog and a cat, slaughter them, butcher them, cook them ,then eat them.
You supply the room and feed, THEY do ALL the rest.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
OK. I appreciate the OP's original situation. I responded. Youngsters these days have no respect.

My apologies, I know this a tractor forum. And I may be out of line.

Do it for Love.

I'm not giving suggestions for fixing our tractors very often. Despite my history in tractor operation., I was an operator not a technician or mechanic.

But, as myself. I was lost. A fool in life, I made many mistakes. But I found the answer by God's grace. I found Truth.

There is an answer.
It's not evolution. It's Love through Jesus Christ. I try to love all, from every religion. I fail.

My wife is a Jew, and my friends come from all walks of life and religions. My wife is a now a Christian Jew. Which is God's chosen.

I only hope and pray that you, and all men and women, find the Truth. That is my goal. To help you, within my ability. Which is limited, I am just a simple hard working American guy.

Many will be against me. But I will try to persevere. Do it for Love. Not love that is found within me, but from God. Because, like most of you, I don't give a shit about someone else, normally. But it's different when I found the Truth.

Be well. Tractor on, my friends.... I wish you all the best.

Find Truth. I do not have all answers, but I know Truth:

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Politics next ?????

Speed25

Equipment
L2501(sold) - BX25D
Apr 23, 2024
NC
The first half of this thread has me hankerin' for eggrolls! Pretty sure those are free-range cat based on what I see behind the restaurant...

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Politics next ?????
Yeah, @fried1765, that follows it due to beliefs. I won't go there and save us all the trouble.

Which political side your on is usually based on personal beliefs about life here on earth.

If you believe that the world and your life is just by chance thru evolution and nothing really matters, go for it. I would. Whatever it is. Because nothing matters.

If you believe in a higher calling, seek it and find it.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
If your young grand daughter comes over after school for lunch and looks you in the eye and asks why do I grow baby chicks, lambs, calfs and weanlings and then eat them but not puppies or kittens, what is a person to say??
"Some animals provide us food; some animals provide us service, company and comfort. Sometimes dogs or cats help us maintain the farm, either by protecting the herd from wild predators, or keeping mice and other vermin from the animals and their food."

As we know, growing up around a farm is unique. Can be Darwinian but is certainly enlightening to young people and understanding the "circle of life."

Not really related. But, at a young age, people would drop cats/kittens at our dairy farms on a regular basis.

"Tippy," our smallish (20#) terrier mix killed them whenever possible. We would take bets on how long the next cat would last....often they didn't see another sunrise....o_O I was 6-7 years old, but understood the kitten might not be here long.

We also had free-range ducks. Sometimes foxes go them.

One time, a BIG grey tiger Tom Cat showed up.

He and Tippy circled each other around the farm for days.......

We were heading to the barn for chores one morning, when the Tom when screaming across the yard, with Tippy right on his ass....

The Tom Cat when under the Silo Room (6'x8'x18"), with the dog hot on his tail.

The sounds...cat screaming, dog howling and snarling would have curled your hair. All in the 18" tall confines under the silo room.o_O

Seemed like 10 minutes but was more like 30 seconds.

Tippy came screaming and yipping out from under the silo room with that Tom Cat on her ass. She was looking back at him running as quick as her short legs could carry her.

That Tom Cat was around quite a while. We would spray milk to him on the barn floor when we cleaned udders and stripped cows out after milking.

Tippy gave him wide berth from then on.......:oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The original question: "If your young grand daughter comes over after school for lunch and looks you in the eye and asks why do I grow baby chicks, lambs, calfs and weanlings and then eat them but not puppies or kittens, what is a person to say??

I'd tell her the same reason you don't take someone else's bicycle off their porch and ride it home.

When she finally ask what does that have to do with what you eat I would have the chance to explain both concepts to her. A chance for a spiritual lesson.

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
The original question: "If your young grand daughter comes over after school for lunch and looks you in the eye and asks why do I grow baby chicks, lambs, calfs and weanlings and then eat them but not puppies or kittens, what is a person to say??

I'd tell her the same reason you don't take someone else's bicycle off their porch and ride it home.

When she finally ask what does that have to do with what you eat I would have the chance to explain both concepts to her. A chance for a spiritual lesson.
update: she saw a squirrel run across the woodpile and quickly forgot the question. Problem averted .... ahhh ... the mind of a child.

btw.... the wife's crispy panned fried chicken was exceptionally good that day.

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
How I answer questions posed by kids depends on their age combined with how much they already know about the subject. Parents often think they have to furnish more details than child is asking for. To be the center of attention and only kid in the home it's predictable to ask where babies come from,can we take it back,can we get another and a bunch of other questions. From mom's tummy get's them on the road to asking others in time so they don't want an answer that begins with conception. Why some animals are sold,slaughtered or ate is a reasonable inquiry for a healthy mind. Most actually already understand the pet concept but might just need affirmation to help keep things in perspective.