Snowblower

Canuck3

Equipment
B6100HST-e
Oct 3, 2016
Hartford WI USA
There is a guy near me selling his Kubota B Series Complete Snowblower Pkg with Sims Cab.
Here is his complete post,
If you have a B series Kubota and are looking for a Snowblower and Cab Assembly for it....Check this out!! I have a Kubota B222A Snowblower Attachment complete with Front Hydraulic Lift, Electric Clutch and a Sims Cab with Electric Wiper & Light. I bought this a few years ago and never used it. The Sims Cab has a glass windshield and soft sides and rear cover that are near new. I removed them and stored them flat in my polebarn so they wouldn't get kinked or cracked. It has always been stored inside. It was my understanding it came off a B7100 and also fits a B6100 and many others. However, you would need to verify that it is right for your application. It is a very lightly used unit and shows little wear. Will last someone a long time. Call or email with interest.
model #B222A
Serial #1809 (i believe, hard to read)

My question is, will this fit my B6100hst-e?

Thanks for the help.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
The Kubota B222A was built by Mckee. A company no longer in business. I used a B222A as a 3 point mount on the back of a B7100 for many years. It worked good.
One thing odd about then is they have open bevel gears not an enclosed oil filled gearbox to drive the auger. The bevel gears are hard to see they are under a metal cover. Make sure if you do go see the blower to check the condition of those gears. I am sure you could not find replacements if they are bad.
It should fit a B6100E.
I no nothing about the electric clutch for the front other than to check the condition of the female spline on the shaft that will fit on the end of the male spline end of the engine crankshaft. Once again if the spline is worn it is next to impossible to find a replacement.

Canuck3

Equipment
B6100HST-e
Oct 3, 2016
Hartford WI USA
I also have this option as well near me, but again i'm not sure if these models will fit my B6100hst-e Please see below for sellers comments.

Mower deck and snow blower, off from B 5100 tractor. Do not have the tractor. Could possibly fit other models ? Good condition. $700. for both units. Separately, deck is model B445 $500., 38" blower with mount and lift cylinder $300

I believe the serial number for the blower is #B2750

Thank for all comments and help.

Canuck3

Equipment
B6100HST-e
Oct 3, 2016
Hartford WI USA
so you used this front mount snowblower as a rear three point snowblower? how did that work? I would prefer a three point set up actually.

kubotasam

Equipment
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
so you used this front mount snowblower as a rear three point snowblower? how did that work? I would prefer a three point set up actually.
It was sold to be used as either a front mount or 3 point hitch mount, depending on the hardware kit sold with it. I have a pdf copy of the manual. It mostly shows the front mount configurations and the pictures are terrible. Send me your email address and I can send it to you. Here are some pictures of B222a on a 3 point. Only the middle picture is mine when I first bought it, the other 2 I found on TBN.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tkmacleod

Aug 13, 2017
Cheboygan
Do you still have the pdf of this? I would greatly appreciate a copy. I bought the items that started this thread (i think)and I need to get specs on the hydraulic valve to find a replacement. Also if you happen to know what type of valve is required (flow). That would be great too. Ohh.. it is front mounted and just need single spool for the lift cylinder. Thanks in advance!

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Here is photo of open bevel gears running dry.

Photo of 48" blower made by McKee for Kubota on a friend's B7100

Friend has had this blower since about 1975 and never had a problem.
I think rear mount on 3 pt is best as friend finds it works best on slightly higher pto speed than 540 which is possible on B7100. I don't know about other models and this feature. McKee blowers have 3 blade fan and the fan in heavy snow can struggle to keep up with the auger.

Compared to the other front mounted blowers being sold today for Kubota's, this unit is far tougher.

The hydraulic flows are low so any valve can be small physically.

Simple hydraulic chute rotator easily home made.

Dave M7040

kubotasam

Equipment
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
TKmac --check your personal mail. I need you to give me your regular email address so I can send you the 222a manual. The file is to large to attach here.

Dj417

Equipment
Kubota b5100e. Woods rm48 finish mower rm42 brush hog, kubota b36 tiller,
Nov 6, 2017
Joplin
Canuck3 do you still have blower available?