Snow Pusher

fishinroc25

Equipment
Kubota BX1830 w/loader, custom front plow, 3-pt trailer hitch, Carry All
Apr 20, 2017
Rochester, NY
There are a few threads about BX’s and Snowpushers. Some recent threads “60" snow pusher on bx1880” and “BX Snowpusher”, put those in the search bar and you’ll find some info. To answer your question though, yes several people on here use them and like it. I personally have a 6’ Curtis plow off the front of my FEL and it works great. Steering is a little challenging when the plow is angled and all the way down in “Float”. Good luck!

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
So if I blew a few holes in the sides of my blade and bolted some angle iron to it, then a coupe pieces of say 3/16 plate to the angle iron for wings and with a piece of say 1/2 all thread from side to side to stiffen up the wings....., I would have a snow pusher?

fishinroc25

Equipment
Kubota BX1830 w/loader, custom front plow, 3-pt trailer hitch, Carry All
Apr 20, 2017
Rochester, NY
So if I blew a few holes in the sides of my blade and bolted some angle iron to it, then a coupe pieces of say 3/16 plate to the angle iron for wings and with a piece of say 1/2 all thread from side to side to stiffen up the wings....., I would have a snow pusher?

Lol! Umm if you want to call it that, sure. I don’t have wings on mine, it’s just normal snowplow.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Snow pushers are great if you have long fairly strait runs and a place to push it and stack it up.
The do not have the ability to push it off the side or angle.
They are great for parking lot clearing, but not so much for clearing a driveway or road where you quickly have a big pile of snow and no where to put it.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
D2 thats neat,, not 1600 bucks worth of neat but still,,lol

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
NIW is correct in that there must be ample space to push the snow.
There is greater resistance w/ a pusher as opposed to an angle blade.
The MX is a light tractor and a 7 ft pusher can be a handful it snow is wet.

My solution is a 7 ft pusher on the FEL and a 79 inch angle blade on the 3 point.

The MX will lose traction if attempting to push a ft of wet snow more that 100 lin ft. Must be able to push snow off to the side, unload the accumulation, and begin anew. Deep drifts are still best handled w/ snow blower or conventional loader bucket.

Rear blade just for clean up. Negates the need to turn around to push edges back from the drive surface.

Attachments

beaterboss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901, LA525-FEL, BMLX-3164 3pt Blower, 72" Coteck Sno Pusher, 60" Box Blade
Feb 20, 2017
St.Francois,New Brunswick. Canada
As an owner of a Cotech 72" Snow Pusher, I can honestly say it is the most versatile piece of equipment on my tractor. It is heavy at 870 pounds, but the 3901 handles it very well. What is nice about this model is the ability to back-drag cleanly from garage doors and pile into windrows, to later blow away with the BLMX 3164 Blower. It isn't as great at piling banks as the loader bucket is, but you can still make pretty respectable large banks. These Cotech pushers are heavy duty equipment and you will pay for that durability. I love my pusher, and steering while back-dragging or pushing had not been an issue in Float. It scrapes extremely cleanly, and does have adjustable skid shoes that are quite wide. I included some pictures of my pusher, blower and my upper yard. I clean 9 driveways, and it takes me about an hour and a half. The pusher cut's my snow removal time by 1/2, at least, so it also adds the benefit of being more efficient than a blade or loader. And yes...That actually IS a Kubota toolbox behind the blower...LOL!! (dont hate me).

Attachments

Last edited:

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Your snow blower looks completely open on the top. Or a lot more open auger then my snow blower.

beaterboss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 20, 2017
Your snow blower looks completely open on the top. Or a lot more open auger then my snow blower.
It is rather open, but I dont mind that at all. It allows me to tackle banks or windrows that are quite a bit higher than the blower itself. Oddly enough, it swallows and pulls the taller snow banks in, rather than overflowing the top. It also...oddly enough, doesnt fling snow up, or in front of the blower path. Works well so far. Cleans very well too. I am going to make up some drift cutters on each side next Summer. Also, the small amount of snow on top is nothing, as the bank I was into last night was halfway up the chute.

Last edited:

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
This shows the side extensions on my FEL bucket. On the inner side there's a stack of two pieces of flat bar. The first piece fits up to the edge of the bucket.

The second piece overhangs the first to form a pocket that more or less connects them like a tongue and groove joint. They slip onto the bucket and are held by one bolt on each extension. I forget the gauge but think it's 10 or 12.

Then I stitched a couple pieces of angle to the outside for some added stiffness. Works pretty well for me.

Attachments

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
I would be worried about my little L2501 not having the oomph to move any decent amount.

The FEL with bucket would also have to be sacrificed, which can be used in the event of getting hung up or having to dig through a situation. Been there done that and I have the shirt.

Not sure how much these weight, but some decent ballast may be needed. Picking the thing up could make you lose traction.

beaterboss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 20, 2017
I would be worried about my little L2501 not having the oomph to move any decent amount.

The FEL with bucket would also have to be sacrificed, which can be used in the event of getting hung up or having to dig through a situation. Been there done that and I have the shirt.

Not sure how much these weight, but some decent ballast may be needed. Picking the thing up could make you lose traction.
The 2501 I had before this 3901 pushed it just fine.(when it ran). The model I have is 870 pounds, but my blower is always on the 3pt, so I don't notice any traction issues. And you are correct, having a bucket to get out of a jam is nice to have.

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
The 2501 I had before this 3901 pushed it just fine.(when it ran). The model I have is 870 pounds, but my blower is always on the 3pt, so I don't notice any traction issues. And you are correct, having a bucket to get out of a jam is nice to have.
A running tractor makes all the difference in the world. :cool:

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I use one on the front of a rubber track skidloader for clearing paved parking lots and roadways and they work well in that application but like wolfman said for a personal driveway a angle blade would be a much better option on a light machine.

War Eagle

Equipment
2012 B3000HSDC and Allis Chalmer 5020
Jan 15, 2017
Nampa, Idaho
Did some pretty similar. I'm impressed in how much snow you can control with the pusher approach.

Attachments