Snow plow on FEL

Eldubya

Equipment
B7800FEL Bck hoe Box scraper Post auger Field rake
Apr 14, 2014
Quadra Island BC
I'm thinking about buying a "Snow-bear" plow, designed to go onto the front of a pick up. I want to put it onto the FEL of my B7800. Seems to attach with a 2" receiver, which I have on my bucket. Has anyone done this, or have any tips or advise?

SAITCHO

Equipment
B26,Tajfun logging winch,Box scraper, Log grapple
Sep 5, 2016
Canada
I have an old steel snow blade I used on a pickup in the past. I made a bracket that is mounted on the forks holder. The plow pivot on the bottom and the top is held with chains. Its not solid mounted to the FEL so if I drop it low enough it follows the shape of the road. On my B26 the main issue with plow is you cant really use them with an angle, you have to push straight. If the load on the plow is too big and I use a too big of an angle the front end simply slide sideway, there is not enough weight on the front with a snowblower on the back. Front chains would help for sure. And forget about float mode, you end up with the front wheels in the air. Plow works fine for fluffy snow but as soon as it get wet or frozen, snowblower is the only way.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm thinking about buying a "Snow-bear" plow, designed to go onto the front of a pick up. I want to put it onto the FEL of my B7800. Seems to attach with a 2" receiver, which I have on my bucket. Has anyone done this, or have any tips or advise?
With the price of those, why don't you just get one made for the tractor?

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
Are you plowing in gravel or pavement? My Naibor ditched his bucket for a plow this year but since he has a driveway that is gravel and isn’t always level he tends to either dig in either in the middle, or on one of the sides, or it just misses a few inches of snow all togeher on the sides or the middle.. he has tried to adjust the skids many times but with a driveway As un-level as his it’s kind of a loosing battle..

That being said plows deffienlty have their advantages, angling the blade is one of the biggest advantages and they do work fantastic on pavement and level ground.

If you have a nice level gravel driveway then I’m sure it would be fine, or if your on pavement then it should work excellent.

Just figured I’d throw it out there.

Eldubya

Equipment
B7800FEL Bck hoe Box scraper Post auger Field rake
Apr 14, 2014
Quadra Island BC
Are you plowing in gravel or pavement? My Naibor ditched his bucket for a plow this year but since he has a driveway that is gravel and isn’t always level he tends to either dig in either in the middle, or on one of the sides, or it just misses a few inches of snow all togeher on the sides or the middle.. he has tried to adjust the skids many times but with a driveway As un-level as his it’s kind of a loosing battle..

That being said plows deffienlty have their advantages, angling the blade is one of the biggest advantages and they do work fantastic on pavement and level ground.

If you have a nice level gravel driveway then I’m sure it would be fine, or if your on pavement then it should work excellent.

Just figured I’d throw it out there.
It will be primarily on pavement, but some well packed and level gravel as well. I'm not too concerned about leaving a small skiff of snow on the gravel. Sounds like I'm going to want chains as well.

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
It will be primarily on pavement, but some well packed and level gravel as well. I'm not too concerned about leaving a small skiff of snow on the gravel. Sounds like I'm going to want chains as well.

Awesome I’m sure it will work great. Are you planning on using it at an angle for the most part? If so chains prolly won’t be needed. If your pushing straight and it’s heavy wet snow then yah it might not be a bad idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
If you have a bobcat style 2 pin QD loader, just pout on a 2 pin plate on the plow. What I run with a 7 foot used Western I just picked up for 500 bucks (has adjustable skid shoes too.

I'd be a little leery about a receiver mount. There will be side forces as you plow and a receiver hitch won't withstand a lot of side force.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I've got a 1000' gravel drive with a steep hill. Been using a plow from QuickAttach.com for the past 3 yrs. Works great angles and I use chains for the hills and just got front chains because we get ice and I tend to slide sideways. The front chains should help.

Attachments

GBJeffOH

Equipment
L4060, EA Grapple, 6' LP Brush Hog, 8' snow plow, 6' LP tiller, EA Forks, Spraye
Nov 17, 2014
Jefferson, Ohio
If you buy a plow that is made to replace the front bucket it is a long ways in front of the front wheels. I need chains on the front tires so I can steer. If you put it in front of the bucket you have more leverage working against you.

I do like the plow mounted on the FEL. You can pile the snow high.