Slow Leek

Gene Blister

Equipment
2019 Kubota B2601, FAL LA435, Snow Blower BX2822A, Land Pride rear blade RB1572
Aug 4, 2019
Cocolalla, Idaho
My 2019 B2601 has developed a slow, seeping hydraulic leek somewhere on the connector plate of the QuickTach FEL. These are four smooth-face connectors, collected on a single assembly and pressed together by an over center cam handle.
I’ve tightened all the connecting nuts I could, and a couple were no as tight as the others. This seemed to stop the seeping when the tractor is off and the hydraulics depressurized; it still seeps when I’m using the FEL.
Insights and suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
I had the dealer replace all the connectors on my BX under warranty. The leak started getting worse until I had oil running on my floor rubber mat.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I recall in the past that NIW told someone to make certain the hydraulic hoses were not tight and pulling on the connection.

This may have nothing to do with your leak.

Dave

ncbota70

Equipment
B2601
Nov 27, 2020
NC
Apparently this is not too uncommon for this single point quick attach system. Mine started leaking at 45 hours; the dealer replaced one of the hard lines leading to the manifold under warranty. Driver who picked up my tractor for the repair told me they had experienced several (some even leaking from the factory). A few were fixed by cleaning the manifold surface. I love the convenience of the quick attach but the flat face connections seem to be prone to leaks more than conventional hydraulic fittings.