skunks

WingNut

Equipment
L2850 Kubota c/w Loader
Feb 29, 2012
Northern Ontario
Ha Ha, but very good useful information, just wish I knew about this a couple of years ago.
While camping our dog cornered a skunk underneath our truck with predictable results.
The dang critter sprayed everything under the truck including the exhaust/muffler and of course the dog. What a stink, it was so strong my eyes watered just getting near it and you could hardly breath. I had to park the truck a mile down the road. Bathing the dog in tomato juice and then the lake did nothing. The truck stunk for weeks, especially everytime it rained.
I'm almost anxious to give this formula a try, but will definetly be keeping these ingrediants on hand.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Ha Ha, but very good useful information, just wish I knew about this a couple of years ago.
While camping our dog cornered a skunk underneath our truck with predictable results.
The dang critter sprayed everything under the truck including the exhaust/muffler and of course the dog. What a stink, it was so strong my eyes watered just getting near it and you could hardly breath. I had to park the truck a mile down the road. Bathing the dog in tomato juice and then the lake did nothing. The truck stunk for weeks, especially everytime it rained.
I'm almost anxious to give this formula a try, but will definetly be keeping these ingrediants on hand.
I hit one with my truck one time in the dead of winter. That is one animal, i will ditch the truck to avoid. Was an hour from home. 8°f out, and froze my butt off till i could run it through the car wash. Couldn't breath with the windows up

pmhowe

Equipment
L4240, Ford 8N, Kioti CK 2610
Jun 23, 2012
Banner Elk NC
I trained my dogs not to chase or tackle a skunk. It saved me lots of smelly evenings. Had a raccoon problem and used a live trap. Sometimes I'd catch a skunk. I always walked carefully, speaking as I went (no stealth!) up to the trap. Lifted the trap door and held it; the skunk walked out. I never got sprayed.

Skunks are great insect and rodent killers. Treat them with respect, and they will do the same to you. They are very valuable around farms and homes with livestock.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Around here skunks make short work out of ground bee nests

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Porch got bombed again :rolleyes: dogs didn't get nailed though. apparently the dachshund decide the skunks his new love interest :eek: dogs been running around the sun room with his toy in his mouth crying and carrying on, just like he acts with a dog in heat.

Picked up some repellsal from tractor supply. It's granulated wolf and fox urin. Gonna have to grab the blower, and blow the stuff under the room to get the damn thing out. Then hit the room again with the peroxide stuff :rolleyes:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Daren, mix that formula up and use a siphon tube on your pressure washer and spray it under your porch. Get the skunk out of there and the smell.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Picked up some repellsal from tractor supply. It's granulated wolf and fox urine.
Well this explains why the skunks stay away from our place, I've got plenty of fresh Wolf pee, never would have thought! ;)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Well this explains why the skunks stay away from our place, I've got plenty of fresh Wolf pee, never would have thought! ;)

One application seems to last a couple years. Then they start showing up again. Said on the package, one wiff and it sends them scurrying:rolleyes: I wouldn't recommend using the rip and pull method to open it :eek: a face full is not fun :rolleyes: