Skids Steer Show Blower

unclejemima

Feb 8, 2015
Alberta
As I wait for my SSQA for my B2620 loader arm, I was wondering if its possible to use a Skids Steer front mount snow blower?

I've seen snowblowers on the tiny Bobcat S70 machines...not sure how the blower functions? I'd imagine with some sort of hydraulic pump? Or would it be PTO?

Anyone have experience with this and if its possible to use on the Kubota B series?

Thanks!

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
No experience, but the snow blower runs off of a hydraulic motor. The pump is on the skid steer, or tractor in your case. The pump on your tractor would need to be big enough to run the motor on the snow blower, as would the plumbing.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
A B2620 doesn't have enough hydraulics to run a hydraulic snowblower. The only way you could run one would be to have a PTO run hydraulic pump with its own reservoir.

unclejemima

Feb 8, 2015
Alberta
A B2620 doesn't have enough hydraulics to run a hydraulic snowblower. The only way you could run one would be to have a PTO run hydraulic pump with its own reservoir.
Thanks. Any idea if such a unit exists? (PTO to hyd.res?)

Funny a tiny bobcat S70 with I think the same size(ish) motor can run it? It has a D1005 Kubota engine in it, what makes 23.5HP.

I checked the specs on the Bobcat S70 and standard pump flow is rated at 8.9gpm...hyd pressure is rated at 3000. hyd. System is rated at 4 gallon.

What is the B2620 rated at compared to the bobcat s70 for hyd. system?

I think the thing when most people think of skid steer, they think of a 60hp machine that can lift min 3000lbs...bobcat made these S70's for years and offer all the same attachments just in mini-version!

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
Other than being a limiting factor, engine HP has nothing to do with hydraulic flow. The log splitter that my parents have has a ~6.5hp briggs and it flows 10gpm. My L1500 has 15hp and puts out less than 3 gpm. The bobcat probably has a pump that is nearly all it's engine can handle because it is purpose built to run a loader. Any accessories that run off of it need to run from hydraulic power since there is no PTO.

I'm pretty sure that someone makes an external pump and reservoir kit, but all of them that I've seen come with the implement. Some old farmhand loaders had them. PTO driven log splitters have them. A lot of the 80's and 90's swing arm haybines have them, some of the IH Cyclo corn planters have them etc.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks. Any idea if such a unit exists? (PTO to hyd.res?)

Funny a tiny bobcat S70 with I think the same size(ish) motor can run it? It has a D1005 Kubota engine in it, what makes 23.5HP.

I checked the specs on the Bobcat S70 and standard pump flow is rated at 8.9gpm...hyd pressure is rated at 3000. hyd. System is rated at 4 gallon.

What is the B2620 rated at compared to the bobcat s70 for hyd. system?

I think the thing when most people think of skid steer, they think of a 60hp machine that can lift min 3000lbs...bobcat made these S70's for years and offer all the same attachments just in mini-version!
Your B2620 only has 8.3GPM total and normal pressure at around 1800PSI, of that 3.6 GPM is for steering, and 4.7GPM for flow operations for attachments like a loader.

So your avalible 4.7 GPM no where close enough GPM's to run their 36" or 48" snowblower model (larger units take 14.5 GPM min), which is pretty much worthless in front of a tractor that has a foot print wider than that. :(

Bobcat S70's have 9.8GPM standard flow.

Yes there are companies out there that make a pack unit that works off of the Mid PTO (2500RPM, not the rear 540RPM) to run a pump and it has a reserve tank and a cooler, they run in the range of about 2.5K and on up.

The reason bobcats are able to do the things they can is because they are build to do it! ;)

I have a Bobcat 743, upgraded to a newer V2203 with @ 50HP, but it still only has 11GPM on the flow side of the hydraulics.
I built a snowblower for it and am waiting for snow to fly to get to test it out.

Last edited:

unclejemima

Feb 8, 2015
Alberta
Thanks.

I've been pricing these systems locally and getting quotes around $4k Canadian! Wow. Don't think I'll be doing this.

Because the B2620 is Hydostatic drive...I'd imagine this sucks alot of it as well.

If it was a non hydrostatic unit (I recall seeing in the manual you can get these with a manual trans and clutch) it would "almost" have enough juice to run these.

I'll see if I can find the manual tonight and see if any of the specialty units (like the ultra narrow B series that has different 3 point hyd. system) has anymore hyd. flow?

poyjas

Equipment
B7100HST & B2650 TLB-LandPride grapple & 60"BB
Jul 20, 2016
Hayden ID
If you've a mid mount pto might you run a shaft, in 2-3 sections, forward to run the blower? Likely you'd need to constrain the loader lift to keep from buggering alignment. Maybe Too much effort but worth a think?

Last edited: