Skidding Frames - Budget build

Pinhole Pete

Equipment
Kubota B2320
Nov 21, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Back when I bought my b2320 I had it in mind to be used for skidding firewood and logs to be sawn into boards for building. So naturally I priced skidding frames for the tractor and couldnt justify the prices for flimsy frames and decided to build my own. I built this one last winter in the snow with a grinder and diesel welder, the bottom section is 6 inch C channel and the upper is angle iron. Since then I have welded hooks to the top and a lower section and upper section for increased protection as well as painted it. Just wondering what everyone thinks of it and has anybody else gone this route after pricing a dealer implement. I will try to get up to date pictures of it

Attachments

phaser

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100HST 4x4, FEL, field mower
Aug 6, 2013
Oregon
Very Nice Pete. You could sell a few of those.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The only equipment that I've bought for my tractors has been the quick hitch and Snow blower (I'm ambitious but not insane), the rest I just build as I need it.
Working on the snow blade and dozer blade right now, (put on hold for a day or two due to cold cold weather!)

3 Point hitch.jpg

2013-09-04 08.49.45.jpg

2013-06-12 20.27.18.jpg

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Hey wolfie you made that middle buster to plug in to your receiver hitch, how do it work I mean well not so well any changes you would make?

Piker

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2320, 2002 Honda Rubicon
Dec 1, 2010
Riverview, NB, Canada
I built a practically identical middle buster that plugs into a 2" receiver welded to my 3 pt. hitch/ballast assembly which is a hunk of heavy guage railroad track with a cat 1 pins welded on, a top link attach point & a mount for 2 suitcase weights, works awesome. Middle buster will bury itself to full depth, 14" or so. Also have built a row hiller ( using discs from an old discarded dic harrow), a cultivator & a spring tooth harrow, all plug in to receiver hitch. Have parts scrounged up for a 5' landscape rake & an adjustable 5' blade to mount with 2 receivers on my FEL bucket. Also use my hitch/ballast to skid hardwood logs for firewood, largest was 22", white birch,12' long, up hill on grass with bucket full of cut firewood. Never spun a wheel, Low range, 4wd.

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Back when I bought my b2320 I had it in mind to be used for skidding firewood and logs to be sawn into boards for building. So naturally I priced skidding frames for the tractor and couldnt justify the prices for flimsy frames and decided to build my own. I built this one last winter in the snow with a grinder and diesel welder, the bottom section is 6 inch C channel and the upper is angle iron. Since then I have welded hooks to the top and a lower section and upper section for increased protection as well as painted it. Just wondering what everyone thinks of it and has anybody else gone this route after pricing a dealer implement. I will try to get up to date pictures of it
I'd say congratulations! Looks like you built a nice stout attachment. Out in the snow in winter? Double congratulations.

Dealer equipment is usually cheaper than the things I build. But that's just me.