Shut off valve plugged plastic tank

prorally

Equipment
L 48, Z726
Sep 14, 2018
Winchester
THE machine is a Kubota Z726X zero turn, I have left the fuel cap off 4 times and run it for a total of about 12 hours with it off. I have pulled the tank a flushed with water but the fuel shut off valve barely drips water out. My thought is to pull the valve to clean it . I have a door panel removal tool that I can probably use to remove it. If I do get it out will it go back in without destroying the tank ? comments ?

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
Have you tried using air from the outlet side to blow the cutoff valve clean? It would blow the trash back into the tank but you should be able to get it out.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
THE machine is a Kubota Z726X zero turn, I have left the fuel cap off 4 times and run it for a total of about 12 hours with it off. I have pulled the tank a flushed with water but the fuel shut off valve barely drips water out. My thought is to pull the valve to clean it . I have a door panel removal tool that I can probably use to remove it. If I do get it out will it go back in without destroying the tank ? comments ?
Take a pair of needle-nose pliers and insert them between the rubber bushing and the shut off to pry it up and remove it. Blow backward through the shut-off valve and standpipe. You will get a wad of grass out of it. Put a little lube on the knot below the shutoff valve and push it back in. Its very simple to do.