Shout out to everyone with a grapple

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
I did it this way because it is much more convenient where you already have your hand on the loader valve. I have 2 sets of rear remotes as well, and I could use one set for this but it would be pretty awkward to put the bucket where you want it, and then reach back to close the grapple. Much smoother to flick the switch, and much faster. I got my diverter today, I will post some more pics as the progress comes. I think I have a full boat for the next couple if days with service work (I work on VW's) so it might be a couple days before I get to play with my toys again. Damn work.

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
If any of you out there care to share where you mounted you diverter, feel free to chime in! I am trying to figure it out. The best thing I can come up with is inside the rh loader "tower". This way it stays with the loader if removed. Space is pretty limited on this L3200....

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
I mounted my diverter on the arm that holds the joystick. That way everything comes off as a single assembly.

The motorcycle brake light switch ( the mechanical kind used in rear brakes) which is cylindrical and has the wires sticking straight out, not at a 90 degree angle. Will be installed into an aluminum bracket (it will look like a double barreled shotgun) where the switch threads in 1 barrel. The other barrel will be a clamp or bore with a set screw which will clamp on the joystick. The roll pin will install thru the hole in the switch and give a T shape to the assembly. Much like a 2 speed rear end switch on the shifter. But cheaper!

Thanks I get your plan with the Mc switch. I actually thought about a 2 speed switch

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
Finally got it all hooked up and works super. Still need to buy some clamps to weld to the inside of my loader to secure the hyd hoses to, they need to be neatened up. Thought I would share in case anyone else is going to go down this road. I hope it helps somebody.

Attachments

Fastest1

Equipment
1994 B5200 FEL
Dec 9, 2012
Conroe, Texas
It is amazingly useful. Unfortunately my FEL is much stronger than my baby tractor is stable. I must resist the temptation to overload it. Be very quick with the control, ready to drop.
My plan is to build a cage that stiffens it up and adds more protection.
Nice work btw.