SGC0554 Grapple

Gravel1928

Equipment
B2301
Jan 6, 2021
Nc
Newbie question. I just bought a B2301 with a SGC0554 Grapple. I couldn't find any zerks on the grapple. There is nothing in the manual about greasing either. Seems strange to me that the hinge points don't require grease. I now have 14 hours on the grapple and it does squeke a little when opening. I am considering adding grease fittings to the hinge points. Any ideas or suggestions would be highly appreciated!

nbking

Equipment
L2501HST 4X4, Rtv-x900
Jul 8, 2018
Sonora, CA
I have the sgc0660, and it only has two grease zerks on the main hinge arms, but has other movable areas that I feel needs greased, so I remove the cotter pins and pull the pins and grease them by hand, and then re cotter pin them. Not sure if you could drill and tap for zerks, on mine it looks to be a pain to put zerks where I would like them.

Gravel1928

Equipment
B2301
Jan 6, 2021
Nc
I think there is space to put zerks on mine. But I dont know if the bushings are impregnated with some type of dry lubricant. My dealer doesn't seem to know either. Apparently I am the only one who has asked him! I didn't want to grease them and negate the design, assuming they are designed that way for a purpose.

Richieb

Equipment
Kabota model L 3301
Jan 2, 2021
Aitkin mn
Newbie question. I just bought a B2301 with a SGC0554 Grapple. I couldn't find any zerks on the grapple. There is nothing in the manual about greasing either. Seems strange to me that the hinge points don't require grease. I now have 14 hours on the grapple and it does squeke a little when opening. I am considering adding grease fittings to the hinge points. Any ideas or suggestions would be highly appreciated!