Service parts for my l2850

Jaketheone46

Equipment
Kubota L2850
Aug 28, 2023
KY
I’ve recently bought my first tractor a 1988 kubota L2850DT and want to change all the fluids and filters. I can’t even seem to find how I can locate the parts I need. Like for instance I can’t even find what oil filter I need. I’ve been on several sites that are leading me nowhere. Is there a site where I can look up parts for my specific tractor??

Jaketheone46

Equipment
Kubota L2850
Aug 28, 2023
KY
messicks for example, how do I know I’m getting the right parts? Do you all shop there by tractor model or find your part numbers somewhere? I can’t seem to find a place to get part numbers for anything which is very easy to do for my vehicles and motorcycles. But finding part numbers for my tractor I’m having no luck.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That’s what I was looking for, very weird none of the part numbers line up with the numbers I had found other places so far.
Because of it's age there will be mutiple part numbers for the same parts or for parts that will work.

Jaketheone46

Equipment
Kubota L2850
Aug 28, 2023
KY
Because of it's age there will be mutiple part numbers for the same parts or for parts that will work.
Good to know thanks very much. Now I’m trying to figure out what oil I will use. The only specs I see are to use a motor oil with the cc,cd specs but I don’t even see that specification on any current oils. I want a full synthetic and also want what’s best.
this is my first diesel ever so I’m way out of my league.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Good to know thanks very much. Now I’m trying to figure out what oil I will use. The only specs I see are to use a motor oil with the cc,cd specs but I don’t even see that specification on any current oils. I want a full synthetic and also want what’s best.
Any currently made quality diesel oil will be fine.

I use Kubota brand in my 2501, and have used Shell Rotella in my diesel trucks for 20+ years.

If I woke up tomorrow and all the Kubota oil had disappeared, I would not hesitate to use Rotella in the General Lee.

Edit: Also, since this is your first diesel, when you check your oil after a few hours of running, it will be as black as can be. Don't sweat it, its normal, diesels turn the oil black in no time at all.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Rotella T6 either 5w 40 or 15w 40 will work fine for you.

Reactions: 1 users