Scary moment removing MMM (kicked out on angle)

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Agreed. Never understood the belly mower concept for a "real" tractor. RFM just seems to make so much more sense.

But, back on point for the OP, perhaps the deck being on concrete was an issue? I would suspect, in grass, the deck would be somewhat "locked down" in the turf, and much more stable to drive over. Just a thought.
I've no experience with anything other than belly mowers and even the experience I have with belly mowers is minimal. Push mowed most of my life.

To your point of removing the mower on concrete, every time it's been removed has been on concrete. However, this time I was removing it 90° to where it is normally removed. I may give removing it in the grass a try. Would just be a little tougher to get the deck into the garage. So, either that or find a way to keep the deck from drifting/moving.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jmf78

Equipment
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
JMF - I'm with donm and coachgeo - thanks for the recount.

Woulda scared the shyt out of me too, if I was at risk to break some new, very expensive equipment!

There's a bunch of guys here getting drive-over MMM's.

This will be helpful now, and down the road for those guys!!:)

That's the beauty of this Forum!!:cool:

Thanks, and like Coach said - look forward to hearing more from you in the future!!:cool:
This forum has been great! I've learned so much and have been quite entertained by many threads/post. Because of this forum I feel confident I can perform most if not all maintenance on my machine as well as be in formed on purchases/additions for it. Greatly appreciated![emoji5] [emoji106]

jmf78

Equipment
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Hard to tell from the pictures. How much space is under the deck when it's on the floor? Would it sit on a couple 2x4's? Maybe cut a couple that would extend beyond the ramps, run screws through the ends of the ramps to keep them from skidding off? Pardon the sketch.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I really like the rubber floor mat Idea too, that is going to make it "stick" and not slide around. ;)

jmf78

Equipment
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
I really like the rubber floor mat Idea too, that is going to make it "stick" and not slide around. ;)
This is the idea I'm going to try first. I already have what I need and it's extremely simple. Thanks for the ideas everyone!
I'll post my findings.