Saving Good Old B7200D

Woodswalker

Equipment
B7100D(1977)/FEL, B7200D (1984), Yanmar RS 1303 tiller
Mar 5, 2014
Republic, Washington(NE), USA
I posted a couple weeks back to get price advice on a tractor I located for sale on CL. It was 120 miles away, out on the Olympic Peninsula. Ended up getting it for $3500. It is 4WD, standard trans, and has a working hour meter that reads 430. Appears to have been from CA (decal on seat), and does not have a loader. All the fluids were of adequate level and looked good. Think it was probably used for mowing and tilling. Seal at the PTO is leaking some, but no other leaks visible. The engine stop cable was missing, and all the lights did not work. Engine seemed to run well.

Began by changing the oil & filter, and the air filter. Then cleaned the battery, topped up the water, and fully charged it. Discovered the fusible link was fried, so replaced that (white plug near starter on pic). Installed fuses were 15 and 20 amp, but should have been 5 & 10, so replaced those. Corrected bad grounds at the tail lights. Headlight lenses were gone or damaged, and local Kubota wanted $86 ea to replace them, so opted for an amazing led light instead. Rigged it with steel plate from Lowe's. It puts out a very bright beam (see pic). Got a cable at an auto parts store to replace the missing engine stop cable.

Have ordered a new seat (Amazon), and a ROP kit from Kubota. Will be replacing the front tires. Much more to do...

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I posted a couple weeks back to get price advice on a tractor I located for sale on CL. It was 120 miles away, out on the Olympic Peninsula. Ended up getting it for $3500. It is 4WD, standard trans, and has a working hour meter that reads 430. Appears to have been from CA (decal on seat), and does not have a loader. All the fluids were of adequate level and looked good. Think it was probably used for mowing and tilling. Seal at the PTO is leaking some, but no other leaks visible. The engine stop cable was missing, and all the lights did not work. Engine seemed to run well.

Began by changing the oil & filter, and the air filter. Then cleaned the battery, topped up the water, and fully charged it. Discovered the fusible link was fried, so replaced that (white plug near starter on pic). Installed fuses were 15 and 20 amp, but should have been 5 & 10, so replaced those. Corrected bad grounds at the tail lights. Headlight lenses were gone or damaged, and local Kubota wanted $86 ea to replace them, so opted for an amazing led light instead. Rigged it with steel plate from Lowe's. It puts out a very bright beam (see pic). Got a cable at an auto parts store to replace the missing engine stop cable.

Have ordered a new seat (Amazon), and a ROP kit from Kubota. Will be replacing the front tires. Much more to do...

Glad to see that the ol' girl will get some more life ! what are your plans once you get it up to par? MMM? Bucket? 3 Point?

GR2100

Equipment
Gr2100, BX2630
Jan 4, 2015
Salem NH
Do you like those LED headlights. I was thinking of getting something similar for my GR2100 once I put the cab on it!

Woodswalker

Equipment
B7100D(1977)/FEL, B7200D (1984), Yanmar RS 1303 tiller
Mar 5, 2014
Republic, Washington(NE), USA
It will be going to my 40 acres with cabin in NE WA to join the B7100 already there. That one has a bucket, so this one will not. Plan to use it with a brush mower and with a tiller to install some wildlife food plots.

Last edited: