FTG-05

Equipment
L4330 w/FEL, RTV-XG850 and ZD326S
Jul 21, 2013
TN
RTV-XG850 Utility Vehicles Recall Alert And Mandatory Safety Campaign
Name of Product: RTV-XG850 “Sidekick” Utility Vehicles

"Hazard:
The utility vehicle’s steering shaft can shear at or near the electric power steering housing, and cause the rider to lose steering control, posing an injury hazard due to risk of collision.

Consumer Contact: Kubota Tractor Corp. at 888-458-2682 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. CST Monday through Friday, or online at https://www.kubotausa.com/service-support/safety/safety-notices for more information. Kubota is contacting consumers directly.

Description: This recall involves model year 2018 through 2022 base model Kubota RTV-XG850 Utility Vehicles, known as the “Sidekick.” ”Sidekick” and/or the model number are labeled on the side of the utility vehicle. Data plates of the recalled units have serial numbers ranging from 10001-50018, X0001-X0139, and Y0001-Y1312. The data plate is located on the side of the unit and contains both the model number and serial number.

Units: About 22,000 globally, which includes 19,450 in the US, and about 2,100 in Canada.

Remedy: Inspection of the Electric Power Steering Motor Support Bracket and Repair
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled utility vehicles and contact an authorized Kubota dealer to schedule a free inspection and free repair. Kubota is contacting all known purchasers directly. The Electric Power Steering Unit bracket will be measured for a gap between it and the frame. If your bracket needs adjustment, spacers will be inserted, otherwise, if adjustment is not possible, the Electric Power Steering unit will be replaced.

Incidents/Injuries: Kubota has received five reports of incidents worldwide of steering shaft shearing, with two of those incidents occurring in the United States. No injuries or deaths have been reported globally."

I recieved a letter from Kubota a couple weeks ago, then a week later my local dealer sent me an e-mail saying they were trying to get a hold of me. Called them and they scheduled a day and time where they would come out and inspect my XG850 to see if it needed to be repaired. They are supposed to be here today.

Has anyone heard of any manufacturer sending people out to customer's homes to inspect vehicles for a recall? I've never heard of it!

Reactions: 1 user

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
RTV-XG850 Utility Vehicles Recall Alert And Mandatory Safety Campaign
Name of Product: RTV-XG850 “Sidekick” Utility Vehicles

"Hazard:
The utility vehicle’s steering shaft can shear at or near the electric power steering housing, and cause the rider to lose steering control, posing an injury hazard due to risk of collision.

Consumer Contact: Kubota Tractor Corp. at 888-458-2682 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. CST Monday through Friday, or online at https://www.kubotausa.com/service-support/safety/safety-notices for more information. Kubota is contacting consumers directly.

Description: This recall involves model year 2018 through 2022 base model Kubota RTV-XG850 Utility Vehicles, known as the “Sidekick.” ”Sidekick” and/or the model number are labeled on the side of the utility vehicle. Data plates of the recalled units have serial numbers ranging from 10001-50018, X0001-X0139, and Y0001-Y1312. The data plate is located on the side of the unit and contains both the model number and serial number.

Units: About 22,000 globally, which includes 19,450 in the US, and about 2,100 in Canada.

Remedy: Inspection of the Electric Power Steering Motor Support Bracket and Repair
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled utility vehicles and contact an authorized Kubota dealer to schedule a free inspection and free repair. Kubota is contacting all known purchasers directly. The Electric Power Steering Unit bracket will be measured for a gap between it and the frame. If your bracket needs adjustment, spacers will be inserted, otherwise, if adjustment is not possible, the Electric Power Steering unit will be replaced.

Incidents/Injuries: Kubota has received five reports of incidents worldwide of steering shaft shearing, with two of those incidents occurring in the United States. No injuries or deaths have been reported globally."

I recieved a letter from Kubota a couple weeks ago, then a week later my local dealer sent me an e-mail saying they were trying to get a hold of me. Called them and they scheduled a day and time where they would come out and inspect my XG850 to see if it needed to be repaired. They are supposed to be here today.

Has anyone heard of any manufacturer sending people out to customer's homes to inspect vehicles for a recall? I've never heard of it!

Dealer came to my place to replace seat belt brackets on my RTV-X1100C due to recall.

Likely being done to avoid expense of trucking.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
exactly

i did a lot of inspections in the field-a LOT of them. it is not uncommon. RTV seat belts come to mind. John Deere ignition switches come to mind. PCV valve inspections on the L-01 series. Battery cables on L-01's. Front axles on the L-01's. You get the idea.

transportation costs are higher'n a cat's back for, reasons, and everyone is trying to limit those costs as much as possible

place i work for now, their delivery truck--October's FUEL (nothing else) cost was $2692 by itself. That does not count insurance taxes the cost of the truck and trailer maintenance and repairs all of which add to it. To give you an idea the truck cost $54,000 in 2016 when they bought it. As of 10/30 that truck has cost them a total of $184,310. Fuel insurance taxes maintenance repairs it all adds up and a lot of people never understand or hear of that. Thats why your delivery and pickup costs are high and thats why (one of many reasons) your groceries (and everything else) is way up

This time 2020 it was roughly 34% lower overall cost just in fuel alone. Note that this does not count DEF, which is another expense.

FTG-05

Equipment
L4330 w/FEL, RTV-XG850 and ZD326S
Jul 21, 2013
TN
H&R came by yesterday morning. Took him about 10 minutes to check my RTV. We spent more time talking about blacksmithing and making knives than we did anything else.

My plan was to watch what he did and take some pics, but the power company was here at the same time, so missed it all. :(

Last edited: