RTV x1100c Radio

flynlow

Aug 16, 2015
South Mississippi
Has anyone put a radio in an RTV cab?
Or any Kubota cab, as I'm sure they're the same. Does the radio stay on all the time or is it connected to the ignition switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
If done properly it's connected to the switch and cuts off with the key.

Factory radios are junk with a high price just because they say Kubota. Go to a radio shop and buy a good one. I put a Alpine in my tractor and love it.

flynlow

Aug 16, 2015
South Mississippi
I've got a pioneer I'm putting in. I am going to put the key switch wire on a rocker switch in the overhead panel. That way I can listen to the radio without the fuel pump and everything else on running down the battery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
I have one in my kubota bx25

Came with the console (which is what i really wanted more than the radio - all the switches and fan and light).

The console is supposed to be for RTV's I think but also fits the bx25.

Terrible radio really and speakers I think. Thats the first thing gonna get changed this spring. Boss radio I think. Pure crap for such an expensive console. But again I bought it for the console itself and switches

Went to go turn it on while snow blowing this last storm. Could hardly hear the thing.

I'm thinking a good aftermarket radio and better speakers will do the trick.

The console is wired to the battery but also to a switch that coincides with the key being on so no battery drain by accident if you leave a light or radio on when you leave the vehicle. Might be nice to have the radio on in the field without having the key on, but I rather it be key only on - so i never walk up to a dead battery bu accident.